Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBITDA concept into PL report
08-28-2012, 02:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2012, 03:00 PM by PakRicard.)
EBITDA concept into PL report
Hi all:

How could we include the EBITDA concept into the PL report?

What if we create more hard coded sections (as the current 1 and 2) to reorganize the current PL report to include more totals for this concept?

I'm not an accountant (so it's probably wrong), but the final result should be something like:

Income section (currently OK)
Cost of sales section (currently OK)
Gross profit (currently OK)
General / Operational expenses section
EBITDA profit
Amortization / Depreciation section
Interest / taxes section
Net profit Loss
Shareholders dividends
Final profit loss

Also, as a second step, some section calculations can be accessed depending on the user role (some accountans will need the "net profit loss" but should not know how much the shareholders take as dividend). But this request is way less improtant that being able to diferentiate the previous sections into PL report.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
09-09-2012, 09:34 PM,
RE: EBITDA concept into PL report
This could be easily done if after each section of the P&L report the Profit-Loss result and percentage is displayed.

Then, sections should be created in order to include whatever groups needed at each section of P&L report (just as now, but leaving amortizations, taxes and interests in a different section.

If it's OK for the rest of developers I will code it.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
09-29-2012, 07:33 PM,
RE: EBITDA concept into PL report
Coded, tested and uploaded to SVN. Please check and come back if it's OK or not.

After each section. P/L and percentage is shown. So, if sections are defined in a "logical" order, the result can me used to get the EBITDA for any company.
Regards,
Pak Ricard