Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Item: Assembly vs Kit vs Phantom [SOLVED]
04-16-2017, 11:20 PM,
RE: Item: Assembly vs Kit vs Phantom
Thanks for all the info and replies guys. Much appreciated.
I initially set up the item as a Phantom. Also tried Assembly, and Kit. All of these allowed me to do the create part, but the inventory part wasn't working that way. The Manufactured option is a best fit for my needs.
I have checked out the tutorial which was the basis of how I set up my system (Thanks for that part). It leads me to another question on the topic.

Instead of setting up via Standard Cost, I did it like this ...
Create Item (& as needed, create BOM)
Maintain Purchasing Data (I assumed that I needed to capture separate supplier costs instead of "standard", since most of our items can come from multiple vendors).
However, if I now look at my manufactured/assembled items, they don't show a cost (yet). (I am trying to replace a previous system, so I am recapturing all the old data here).

The 2 questions are
1) Is this a valid method, or should I change it before I get too deep into it.
2) I tried various mysql settings to alter AUTO_INCREMENT values on the tables so that I could match up the PO numbers with the old system, but even though they seem right in mysql, when I add another PO it reverts to its own value. Is there somewhere else I need to look for the vals?

Thanks
Trent Murgatroyd
trent@murgatroyd.za.net
whatsapp/viber:+27718987802
pidgin/XMPP:t13@jabb.im/t14@jabb.im

Messages In This Thread
RE: Item: Assembly vs Kit vs Phantom - by trentmurgatroyd - 04-16-2017, 11:20 PM
RE: Item: Assembly vs Kit vs Phantom - by phil - 04-18-2017, 01:42 PM