Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDFs Have Suddenly Stopped Displaying
03-31-2017, 03:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2017, 05:11 AM by sunshinelock.)
RE: PDFs Have Suddenly Stopped Displaying
I went into an old version of webERP sitting on my server. 3.11 and I can print invoices from there.

But here's a glitch, and I've been living with it for years now. In my 3.11, I can't print counter sales as pdf unless the "Print EDI Transactions" is selected to "Print PDF EDI Transactions Too". This only happens with counter sales.

I cannot get pdf invoices to print either way in the 4.13 sitting on my server. And I cannot get customer statements to print more than a blank page on 3.11. I did a "Reorder Level" report on 3.11 and got several dozen blank pages with my company name in the lower left corner on each page.
(03-31-2017, 03:50 AM)falkoner Wrote: Well the error you are getting:

<strong>TCPDF ERROR: </strong>Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

means that some characters have been output to the browser before the PDF is printed. As the characters are not visible then they must be white space. The easiest way white space creeps in like this is if a blank line appears after the final PHP closing tag, so I am guessing you must have something like that in your scripts. Your hosting company probably changed a setting in your php.ini that is causing this. (Probably output buffering settings if asked to guess)

Take a script that fails, list out all the includes in that script and then check all those files for any white space after the closing tag.

Tim

Is there a recommended size for the output buffering? I'm going to send a request to my host.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PDFs Have Suddenly Stopped Displaying - by sunshinelock - 03-31-2017, 03:57 AM