Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retrospective patch?
04-17-2017, 10:58 PM,
Retrospective patch?
It looks like sysops may have missed one of the upgrades and assumed that the fixes where cumulative. Looks like we have gone straight from 4.12.3 to 4.13.1

Is there any of way of applying a missing upgrade retrospectively without loss of data?

04-18-2017, 08:16 AM,
RE: Retrospective patch?
You should be ok to just run the database updates from 4.12.3 onwards and all should be ok. Usual caveat of make sure you backup and then test once you have done the backups.

I did once put together a database update system which used numbered files to contain the database upgrades, and then a test was run to make sure the latest had been applied, and if not apply it. This would have applied all the updates once you had updated the code. Unfortunately it was considered that the extra micro seconds when the system was updated was too much of an overhead, and the system got removed.

Tim
04-18-2017, 08:47 AM,
RE: Retrospective patch?
Thanks for the prompt reply and I would vote for having your system checks restored. I suspect alot of the bugs will that I have been reporting will be resolved by running the missing update