Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wrong / useless inventory purchase planing
09-04-2012, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 06:40 PM by portpilot.)
Wrong / useless inventory purchase planing
If i can not combine different levels (an assembly is a component of another assembly of a higher level) i thought to solve this by choosing "manufactured" for the items.

The result will be a purchase planing where only the top level item of my bill of material is noted für purchase orders or production. The explosion into the parts of the lower levels will not happen and so this planing is useless.

I believe this is not the reality in production or do i make a big mistake in thinking?

thank you

----

The system does not allow that an assembly ( or kit) can be a component of a higherlevel assembly.

Manual sample cistern: This cistern consist of minumum more 4 stockitems but is in fact a ready mounted unit.

I can not put this "set" as component to the set toilet.

ERROR Message Report : The make or buy flag cannot be changed from manufactured, purchased or dummy to a kitset or assembly where the item is a component in a bill of material. Assembly and kitset items are not appropriate as components in a bill of materials.

Does anybody have a good idea to solve this???

If i use "Manufactured" for the "cistern" i will not get correct work or purchase orders cause of missing the detailed items for the cistern.

Thank you
09-11-2012, 01:48 PM,
RE: Wrong / useless inventory purchase planing
The planning report is good for purchased items, but no use for manufacturing - this is what MRP is for.
Assembly items are just items that are packed together and sold as a single unit - multi-level assemblies are not allowed.
The manual explains this I think.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz