Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
minimum bank account setup, help please
03-10-2017, 04:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-11-2017, 03:18 PM by dalescott.)
minimum bank account setup, help please
Hi, can anyone please explain the absolute minimum bank account configuration required in order to pay a PO?

I think I might lose my mind before I figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to demo how webERP could be used within an engineering department for product lifecycle management (creating and managing internal part numbers including purchase information, and access drawings and other documents in the knowledge base), as well as *basic* purchasing and manufacturing. However, webERP will NOT be used to run the company, the exiting system (likely QuickBooks) will be used for the actual financials. The engineering department team will do most of their purchasing for prototype builds using an engineering department credit card, which is settled monthly following the employee expense report process.

The engineering department will use webERP to manage internal part numbers (and associated vendor and OEM part numbers), create BOMs and manage building prototypes. They will use webERP to generate an order list for the parts needed to build a prototype based on a BOM, track stock on hand and on order, and generate a pick list for the prototype build (removing the parts from stock). Production manufacturing will be done by a third-party contract manufacturer, and only part numbers for finished goods will be created in the company financial system (i.e. QuickBooks).

The first part (parts/items, BOMs, purchase data, and the Knowledge Base) was easy, and so was issuing a PO, receiving goods against the PO and creating a vendor invoice, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong with my bank accounts. I've tried comparing my configuration with both the build-in demo company as well as the demo on weberp.org, but I don't see anything that stands out.

Please see the screenshots in a a work-in-progress blog post.

Many thanks in advance!
Dale

http://www.dalescott.net

Messages In This Thread
minimum bank account setup, help please - by dalescott - 03-10-2017, 04:19 AM