Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PACKAGE TRACKING AND FREIGHT IMPORT
03-09-2017, 02:04 PM,
Big Grin  PACKAGE TRACKING AND FREIGHT IMPORT
it would be nice if weberp there would be a screen with package freight cost and tracking information that could be imported to an sales order if shipped by ups or other shipping logistic or entered later by a user
03-10-2017, 05:59 AM,
RE: PACKAGE TRACKING AND FREIGHT IMPORT
Can you expand on your requirements a bit? Maybe a specification for how you see it working?

Tim
03-13-2017, 05:22 AM,
if a package was shipped by ups, fedex, postal mail, truck line, or a delivery service the shipping company would provide a tracking number for each package shipped those tracking numbers would be imported to "the package tracking screen" that would show the tracking number to staff, so if the customer had an inquiry about the shipment. also if the packages were shipped ups/fedex the tracking number would be imported along with the freight of each package. I do understand that a program would need be to automatically send info from the ups/fedex manifest to weberp, but could be manually entered by weberp user. as i used to work for a company that used a paid erp program and used ups to ship packages and when the order was process by ups system they would use a program by ups to import tracking+fright to the company's erp system+ when the order was scanned in ups manifest by the barcode it would pull up customer name address.

03-21-2017, 01:52 PM,
any thoughts @Phil Daintree
03-22-2017, 09:39 AM,
This would specific to whichever carrier... you would need to query the shipper's API with the weight and cubic measurement from webERP and fire this off to get the freight cost and place the freight PO with the carrier ... then insert into a Freight line in the webERP order and populate the consignment note field in the debtortrans table and process the order/invoice ...
All possible - but would need to be done for each carrier.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-22-2017, 08:43 PM,
We already have shipper specific billing information in FreightCosts.php so it should be possible to expand on that.

Tim
03-23-2017, 02:34 PM,
that is half of what I was asking, the other part is if that info would be able to viewable on a new screen I.E Order Packages tab or Order Inquiry
10-26-2017, 08:30 AM,
(03-22-2017, 08:43 PM)falkoner Wrote: We already have shipper specific billing information in FreightCosts.php so it should be possible to expand on that.

Tim

(03-23-2017, 02:34 PM)rjonesbsink Wrote: that is half of what I was asking, the other part is if that info would be able to viewable on a new screen I.E Order Packages tab or Order Inquiry

would there be a easier way to make this possible. like a visual basic form or would weberp need to be edited
10-26-2017, 11:26 AM,
It would of course need an interested developer to take it any further.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz