Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MRP suggests to buy components at WO end date instead of WO start (MRP suggested PO)
02-13-2017, 07:38 AM,
MRP suggests to buy components at WO end date instead of WO start (MRP suggested PO)
I just tested the current version of weberp and noticed that still, the MRP suggested PO schedules the purchase at the delivery date of the WO.

That is very much unusable. At that time, I am supposed to be finished and should since long have bought all constituents material.

I think the list of scheduled purchases should show the PO at a date when it makes sense to buy the goods.

A few years ago, I submitted a patch which solves this. For example, to schedule the purchase at the start date of the WO (or even at component lead time before the start date) would make sense in a production environment.

Is there any reason why this was not accepted? Is there any use to this report in its current form that I do not understand?

Who is using this report? What for?

Any help/information is appreciated.

thanks,

Klaus
02-13-2017, 08:01 AM,
RE: MRP suggests to buy components at WO end date instead of WO start (MRP suggested PO)
Hi Klaus do you still have that patch?

Tim
02-13-2017, 08:08 AM,
RE: MRP suggests to buy components at WO end date instead of WO start (MRP suggested PO)
I think you sent it to me some time ago, because I lost it. I will look at my email. Also, I described the needed behaviour in this post in 2012: http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=234

Nevertheless. the current behaviour is even more complicated, after some experiments:

if there is a preferred dealer and lead time is set, PO is scheduled at WO end date - lead time.
This also does not feel right, because the lead time is needed at the dealer. So I would still receive the component at WO end, but at least not after WO end. In practise, this is still not really usable.
Klaus