Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple workflow to issue stock to technicians
02-11-2017, 07:25 AM,
Simple workflow to issue stock to technicians
Hello again,

Thank you for your previous help. I took your advice and reworked the boxes of cable into batch controlled raw materials and I should be able to track them properly now, if I can figure out how to properly use the existing functionality of this software.

I now am trying to create a set of SIMPLE steps for my techs to use to request cable and other stuff for jobs. Almost all of my stock is leftovers from previous work done and the boss doesn't want it to go to waste.

Problem:
We usually don't know exactly how much cable will be used before the job, although we do estimate about how much should be needed. The same with connectors, jacks, etc.

How do I let the techs know what I have (so they can use existing stock before buying new) and let them order boxes of cable, etc., for the jobs from the warehouse. Then, after the job when we know exactly how much stock was used, reconcile the stock and print a receipt which the accountant can use to create a bill for the client.

The accountant has their own software (a well known accounting package which doesn't interface with WebERP) and just needs to know how much stock was used on the job. I really don't need most of the functionality from the GL module, just job specific inventory tracking.

Methods I have tried:
I have tried creating a Sales Order, but you must know exact amounts of what is being sold and it doesn't seem to like raw materials very much. (I have thought about changing my stock from raw materials to finished goods, but that seems wrong for some reason.)

I have tried creating a Work Order, but you need a BOM which varies with each job and can be tricky to build. (Still working on this, but my techs probably would find creating a BOM from scratch to be too much of a hassle. I suppose I could create a bunch of varied BOMs for them to choose from if there was a way to modify the BOM both before and after the job is completed, to change the items requested and to finalize the amount used.)

I have read most of the manual and many forum postings, but I am still fumbling around in the dark and running out of ideas.

I am now asking for help. I am still very new to the ERP world and I really need some advice on how to accomplish my task. I don't want to go back to manually searching and updating spreadsheets. I don't have a lot of stock, but I have a large variety of stock.

Thanks for your help.
02-13-2017, 06:54 PM,
RE: Simple workflow to issue stock to technicians
Hi,
You can create a work order and issue items to it when the techs take off cables and use issue minus quantity when the techs return them. webERP provide a flexible feature that you do NOT need to create a bom in order to issue a work order.
When the job done, just close the work orders.
Hope it's helpful.
Best regards!
Exson