Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PurchData improvement
01-25-2012, 01:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2012, 01:51 PM by PakRicard.)
PurchData improvement
Hi.

We are looking for an improvement on PurchData.php script.

Currently webERP has the ability to maintain track of the history of purchasing prices for any item, so the user can see how it increased or decreased for differrent suppliers, etc. Excellent tool for the purchase manager.

When the user needs to add a new price for a supplier, needs to start from scratch, selecting supplier code and entering again all the data. Most probably lead time, Supplier stock description, supplier stockcode, etc etc will be the same.

Could we add an option (next to "Edit" and "Delete") called "Copy pĆ¹rchasing data" that creates a new set of information copying all the information from the current row, so the user just need to update the price.

Date Updated should be automatically changed to today, to prevent the user being lazy and not changing it.

This price should become "preferred", as usually the newest is the preferred, and update all the previous Preferred to "No" preferred.

Another improvement should be for the script to be able to select / change the stockid in a friendly way (as done in Standard Cost StockCostUpdate.php) allowing the PurchData.php to change the purchasing data of many stocks from the same script, not needing to go back to items, selecting stockid, clicking maintain purchasing data again, etc.

Please check. We are willing to fund this improvement as we need it as soon as possible.

Please post the technical ideas or improvements on this requirements and PM me the cost / timing details.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
01-26-2012, 06:23 AM,
RE: PurchData improvement
I will look into a write up a spec here with price by PM.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
04-04-2012, 12:59 PM,
Hi Tim:

Thanks for the new script. We downloaded and tested it. From our perpective it is not what we needed, but it helps in some cases. In detail:
1) It helps to maintain current prices, no doubt about it, as you can see them all at a glance. User will be more efficient.
2) Our issue is that we need to maintain the historic of prices suppliers charge us. Probably we are not the only ones trading some sort of commodities going up's and down's, so it's critical to know how much did the supplier charged you last time, or 6 months ago, for the same item.
3) Suppliers dealing with commodities usually try to increase the price sharply if the subjacent good goes up, but are quite lazy to bring prices down when sunjacent goes down, so it's kind of customer task (we), to double check all prices.
4) What was needed is a button on the original script helping with the "copy and paste" of all the info. From one purchdata to the next, most probably all details are the same except the price.

So probably just adding a button for "Copy" would be perfect ;-)

Another couple of details:
Decimal points should be the specified for the currency of the supplier.
Order should be stockid, effective date DESC (to have the newest on top).

Hope this test helps. Just let me know if I could help with further tests.
Regards,
Pak Ricard
04-05-2012, 11:00 AM,
Excellent!!!

I did some small modifications:
1) Table headers and table data were not matching
2) Set up preferred = 0 if the new price is preferred (for the stockid and supplier).

See attached file and pls upload to SVN if considered OK.

Regarding SupplierPriceList.php, just downloaded rev 5219 but it does not show anything, and couldn't fix it, sorry.

Thanks Tim.

Attached Files
.php   PurchData.php (Size: 24.74 KB / Downloads: 3)
Regards,
Pak Ricard