Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having Difficulty with MySQL connection
08-17-2012, 02:16 AM,
Having Difficulty with MySQL connection
I'm attempting to install on HostGator. I have created the database, assigned a user, and then entered the required information into the index.php page located in the /install directory. Everything seems to be okay; no errors turn up.

But, when I try to log in, I get the following errors:
When logging in, I use the username "admin."

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'radiator_webuser'@'localhost' to database 'RadiatorAvenue' in /home/radiator/public_html/beta/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17

Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/radiator/public_html/beta/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 23

Connect failed: Access denied for user 'radiator_webuser'@'localhost' to database 'RadiatorAvenue'

Click here to try logging in again

I named my database "radiator_weberp" and my user is "radiator_webuser."

Any help is much appreciated.
08-17-2012, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 02:25 AM by Rock*Star.)
RE: Having Difficulty with MySQL connection
(08-17-2012, 02:16 AM)kbobsdaddy Wrote: I'm attempting to install on HostGator. I have created the database, assigned a user, and then entered the required information into the index.php page located in the /install directory. Everything seems to be okay; no errors turn up.

But, when I try to log in, I get the following errors:
When logging in, I use the username "admin."

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'radiator_webuser'@'localhost' to database 'RadiatorAvenue' in /home/radiator/public_html/beta/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17

Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/radiator/public_html/beta/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 23

Connect failed: Access denied for user 'radiator_webuser'@'localhost' to database 'RadiatorAvenue'

Click here to try logging in again

I named my database "radiator_weberp" and my user is "radiator_webuser."

Any help is much appreciated.

I have installed up on hostgator a few times, including just last week. I am trying to think about what step might have been missed.

Don't know what you would have been editing in index.php

/public_html/webERP/config.php does the magic. A step by step install usually sets this for you.
08-17-2012, 02:46 AM,
I am going to start completely from scratch and provide a detailed step-by-step of what I'm doing so you can perhaps help me identify where I'm going wrong.

1. Create new database radiator_weberp
  2. Create new user radiator_erpuser with password "arizona2012"
  3. Assign user to database with all privileges
  4. Extract zip file
  5. Reset directory permissions to 755
  6. Reset file permissions to 644
  7. Navigate to /install/index.php
    • Host name = "localhost"
    • user name = "radiator_erpuser"
    • password = "arizona2012"
    • install tables is checked
    • Company name = "RadiatorAvenue"
    • Uncheck install the test company
    • Timezone = "America/Detroit"
    • Selected Logo image file
    • Username is already defined as "admin" and cannot be changed
    • Enter e-mail address
    • Enter admin password "!admin" and confirm.
  8. Click "Install WebErp"
  9. Takes me to login screen
  10. Enter username "admin" and password "!admin"
  11. Results in the same errors.

Hope this helps.

08-17-2012, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012, 02:53 AM by Rock*Star.)
Watch this first:

http://www.joomlamo.com/joomlamo/weberp.html

It is what I started with.

And be sure to change those passwords, they are cached to the world by now.

And you might want to install the test company your first time.
08-17-2012, 06:00 AM,
Thanks. I'll take a look. And the passwords were dummies anyway. Wink

(08-17-2012, 02:52 AM)Rock*Star Wrote: Watch this first:

08-17-2012, 07:15 AM,
I saw where I made the error. I should have entered the database name in the company name field. Seems like relabeling that field should be an easy fix in the UI during the setup.

(08-17-2012, 02:52 AM)Rock*Star Wrote: Watch this first:

[/quote]

08-18-2012, 08:26 AM,
Dear All,

After successfull web installation and trying to log-in into the weberp application i get similar error i.e.

Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (42000/1044): Access denied for user 'my dbase user name'@'localhost' to database 'weberp_dispal' in /home/dispal01/public_html/webERP/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17

Warning: mysqli_set_charset() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/dispal01/public_html/webERP/webERP4.08.4/includes/ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 23
Connect failed: Access denied for user 'dispal01_%%%'@'localhost' to database 'weberp_dispal'

(Click here to try logging in again)

I checked the config.php file and all the data matches with the dbase user name and password etc.

What is the solution to solve this error and connect properly with the mysql dbase ? -

Sincerely
lemmens_hjm

08-19-2012, 12:00 PM,
Read through the document under doc/INSTALL.txt and edit your config.php file to use the correct settings. I imagine you have not provided appropriate database name/mysql user name and mysql user password.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
08-21-2012, 05:01 AM,
(08-19-2012, 12:00 PM)phil Wrote: Read through the document under doc/INSTALL.txt and edit your config.php file to use the correct settings. I imagine you have not provided appropriate database name/mysql user name and mysql user password.

Thanks Phil for your feedback. I resolved the matter as per below.

Within the installation wizard = step 5 the company name should be equal - match - the created mysql dbase name created within the hosted environment.

I hope this solution will help others.

Sincerely
H.Lemmens
09-07-2012, 10:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM by jtrick.)
I wanted to comment on this thread because I ran into similar issues and hoped to get into some dialogue to clarify the logic behind a few of the design decisions.

Firstly, I love what has been done with webERP thus far. I spent a good amount of effort comparing various options out there and you have created what really stands out to me as a robust, well-built, modular solution. Very impressive.

I've installed our test system on BlueHost, which from what I've been able to determine restricts new db creation to be done with its internal control panel. This means that in order to create a new company database, the steps outlined by kbobsdaddy have to be carried out for each organization managed under webERP.

Our system handles a multitude of organizational entities, each being tracked under an umbrella account which handles transactions between them. We're hoping to do this via the API that you've put together, and looking to some of the automation forms/processes that you've made available.

During the initial install of the test account, I had problems very much like the on that kicked off this thread. After a couple hours of troubleshooting, re-naming folders, resetting permissions, deleting and re-creating db users and such, I was finally able to get it to work but it was pretty unpleasant and not something that I would want anyone to have to go through if it can be avoided.

In any case, I think that having the system detect organizations based on the directory names present, in combination with the automation of the naming scheme are at the heart of the problems that I came up against. BlueHost prepends an account prefix to the db name which caused all sorts of complications. I was aware of this detail going into the install and it still took hours to resolve; my renaming the account directory even exacerbated the issues.

The fields labeled on the form also contributed to some confusion, as assumptions are made about the company name and auto-naming of the db and user are treated as an outlier case. It was also unclear to me whether the db username and password versus the webERP username and password were required, and after trying several combinations manually through the config file, was left more confused by setting $allow_demo_mode = TRUE. (The user/pass did not match up with what I'd set)

I love what you're going for with this auto-install form. In its present state however it possibly causes as much suffering as it prevents, when run under server environments like the one I'm using anyway. I would like to help improve the automation for other users in this kind of environment; how do you currently collaborate for modifications like this?

I have several points that I'd like to discuss, most involving the underlying design philosophy involved in some of the mechanisms used here (and by extension in the 'Make new Company' option under the 'Utilities' menu section.) What should I do to help support your awesome project and avoid stepping on any toes?

Thanks!