Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I keep track of footage of wire from container as it is used per job
01-18-2017, 02:54 AM,
How can I keep track of footage of wire from container as it is used per job
I need to keep track of the footage in boxes and spools of various types of cable (cat6, cat5, 16/4, 22/4, etc) which changes every time the cable is used for a job.

I have created a category of cable with the needed attributes about the cable including footage. Is there a way to update these attributes for each box of cable other than using serial number control?

Also, a newbie question, how can I add an inventory item quantity? I have tried everything short of creating a dummy PO and then receiving it. There has to be a simpler way. I really don't need the accounting portion of WebERP, just the inventory tracking.

Thanks for your help
01-18-2017, 11:50 AM,
RE: How can I keep track of footage of wire from container as it is used per job
(01-18-2017, 02:54 AM)EricB504 Wrote: I need to keep track of the footage in boxes and spools of various types of cable (cat6, cat5, 16/4, 22/4, etc) which changes every time the cable is used for a job.

You'd need to have stock items for each type of cable - then you can look at usage, current stock in each warehouse etc. If you use lots control for each box of cable (controlled but not serialised) then you will get each box listed with the quantity remaining in each when you do a lot inquiry - that will add to the total in the warehouse for the item.

(01-18-2017, 02:54 AM)EricB504 Wrote: I have created a category of cable with the needed attributes about the cable including footage. Is there a way to update these attributes for each box of cable other than using serial number control?

Serial number control is not required - you can do it by lot (or box). You can't keep units in a category property though - these are only to add more detail and describe the actual item - not a box/lot.

(01-18-2017, 02:54 AM)EricB504 Wrote: Also, a newbie question, how can I add an inventory item quantity? I have tried everything short of creating a dummy PO and then receiving it. There has to be a simpler way. I really don't need the accounting portion of WebERP, just the inventory tracking.

You can enter stock quantities using inventory adjustments.... or if you are entering quantities in bulk a stock check.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
01-19-2017, 02:17 AM,
RE: How can I keep track of footage of wire from container as it is used per job
Thanks. I guess I haven't been using the stock adjustment correctly. I tried to enter stock for a spool of cable but it didn't show up in the stock count at the location. I will try the second way since I have many boxes, spools, etc., of cable to keep track of.

I set the item units to be each. I guess you are saying that I need to change it to feet and then control by lot, each container is one lot. That sounds good. I have been working with this for about a month and the boss wants some results soon....

Thanks again for your help. WebERP does so much and I have experienced a steep learning curve that I have yet to complete.
01-19-2017, 05:12 AM,
Unfortunately, the stock check does not handle lot controlled stock so the only choice is to enter the stock as adjustments.... (unless a PO ->received, i.e. the normal operational approach)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz