Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inventory Valuation
01-05-2017, 10:50 AM,
Inventory Valuation
I have the 1200 GL for inventory and was wondering if there is a way to run a comparison between the 1200 gl and the inventory valuation as I have about a the valuation showing 5% more value that the GL.
Thanks
01-05-2017, 08:22 PM,
RE: Inventory Valuation
Hi Dave, as far as I am aware there is no single script to run a comparison like this. If you know when they last agreed (I always tell people to make this part of their month end procedures) then I would look at the GL from there forwards for any odd transactions (such as GL journals) which should never touch the inventory control account.

Sorry not to be of more help,
Tim
11-14-2017, 04:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 04:34 AM by afcouling.)
I have also found a discrepancy between the sum of all entries in my Stock GL account and the Stock Valuation total. The stock valuation is only 1% less than the Stock GL balance (about £400), but annoying all the same.

Dave, did you managed to identify the cause of your issue? How did you fix the problem?

Andy.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewcouling
11-16-2017, 12:42 AM,
(11-14-2017, 04:32 AM)afcouling Wrote: I have also found a discrepancy between the sum of all entries in my Stock GL account and the Stock Valuation total. The stock valuation is only 1% less than the Stock GL balance (about £400), but annoying all the same.

Dave, did you managed to identify the cause of your issue? How did you fix the problem?

Andy.

What we had found was the difference was an issue with the decimal points when it gets posted to the GL there is only two decimal points, and when it is posted to the stockmaster and stockmoves there more than two for example we have an item that is .023333 X 100 would be 2.3333 in the stockmoves and stockmaster, but when post to GL it would be 2.33 so over time the stockmaster would show more value.
We have not found a resolve to the issue we just deal with it every month making a
manual entry in the gl.
Would like to find a resolve for this itis also an issue in with Sales Tax in the US as most taxing bodies have more than two decimal points in there percentages.
Thanks
Dave