Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Bringing WebERP into a New Tableless UI Design
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM,
RE: Bringing WebERP into a New Tableless UI Design
(07-24-2012, 05:28 PM)hindraj Wrote: Better, nicer themes will attracts more peoples / users to WebERP, doesn't it?

Rgds,
Hindra

well -- yes and no.

If functionality is missing - as for us some manufacturing aspects, for which I haven't had the time yet to put it into code - then even the most beautiful theme will not make me use weberp.

Like the UI functionalities described above over all data tables: sorting, reordering colums, hiding colums, searching - all can be done by javascript at the client, and preferences can be stored (which column displaed, which column used for ordering, etc.)

In the end, that gives more help to daily work than the theme.

But you are right: if I have two tools with the same functionality, I will probably use the better themed one.

Klaus
07-24-2012, 06:34 PM,
(07-24-2012, 06:06 PM)opto Wrote:
(07-24-2012, 05:28 PM)hindraj Wrote: Better, nicer themes will attracts more peoples / users to WebERP, doesn't it?

Rgds,
Hindra

well -- yes and no.

If functionality is missing - as for us some manufacturing aspects, for which I haven't had the time yet to put it into code - then even the most beautiful theme will not make me use weberp.

Like the UI functionalities described above over all data tables: sorting, reordering colums, hiding colums, searching - all can be done by javascript at the client, and preferences can be stored (which column displaed, which column used for ordering, etc.)

In the end, that gives more help to daily work than the theme.

But you are right: if I have two tools with the same functionality, I will probably use the better themed one.

Klaus

Agreed Big Grin
07-24-2012, 06:59 PM,
it could also be that the more attractive tool is used, I suspect, until it is realised the functionality is lacking.
Hindra, i fear that your fix for aguapop theme actually stuffs up alll the other themes. I have had to roll back these changes.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
07-24-2012, 07:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2012, 07:27 PM by hindraj.)
Hi All,

It's finally ready for a 'preview'...

I've created a New AguaPop theme using this new UI without using any image file as background (and, it does not have a fixed width!), here:

The theme files:
.zip   New AguaPop.zip (Size: 120.4 KB / Downloads: 25)

Also, I made an experimental theme, here:

The theme files:
.zip   Wood.zip (Size: 128.42 KB / Downloads: 28)

NOTE: Themes still need cleanups! Big Grin
Other standard themes should be easy to convert...

Up to now, I only modifed three files:

index.php
header.php
footer.php

The modified files are:

.zip   hj modified files v0.03.zip (Size: 4.89 KB / Downloads: 17)

That files mainly only involved in presenting the 'main menu', but ideally other part of the UI spreaded all over the files should be taken care too... for consistent and more flexible theming through CSS files only. That is, we should take off all other 'inline formatting / styling' from the codes, and use only via CSS!

Please kindly have a look and test and have fun too...

Best regards,
Hindra Joshua

(07-24-2012, 06:59 PM)phil Wrote: it could also be that the more attractive tool is used, I suspect, until it is realised the functionality is lacking.
Hindra, i fear that your fix for aguapop theme actually stuffs up alll the other themes. I have had to roll back these changes.

Not necessarily like that. We should simply prioritized the functionality!
But, we also should not neglect the 'visual' nature of humans, right Big Grin

We can provide a better visual, without sacrificing functionality!

Regarding all other themes, I'll try to adapt them into the theming asap...

Best regards,
Hindra Joshua
07-24-2012, 09:01 PM,
Hi, Hindra,

It's amazing! It'll give more chance for those artists!

Best regards!

Exson
07-25-2012, 12:23 PM,
That does look great!!

The formatting problem I had was that search pages extend out beyond the window and previously centred items were all spread about...
I will try again with these files.

My only requirement is that we don't damage existing themes - so they will need to be upgraded to bring them up to speed with your new set up before I can really bring this in.

Nice one :-)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
07-25-2012, 08:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 08:40 PM by hindraj.)
(07-25-2012, 12:23 PM)phil Wrote: That does look great!!

The formatting problem I had was that search pages extend out beyond the window and previously centred items were all spread about...
I will try again with these files.

My only requirement is that we don't damage existing themes - so they will need to be upgraded to bring them up to speed with your new set up before I can really bring this in.

Nice one :-)

Glad you like it! Big Grin

Here I've converted the 'default' theme to the new set up:

File:
.zip   new default.zip (Size: 99.27 KB / Downloads: 22)

Other standard themes will follow, when ready!

Best regards!
Hindra

(07-24-2012, 09:01 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Hi, Hindra,

It's amazing! It'll give more chance for those artists!

Best regards!

Exson

Thanks! Blush
07-26-2012, 06:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM by phil.)
Hindra,

I am loving this wood theme!!

Hope you are able to fix the silverwolf, fresh, professional and professional-rtl themes though .... please?

I've committed all this to the main trunk ...
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
07-26-2012, 07:46 PM,
(07-26-2012, 06:08 PM)phil Wrote: Hindra,

I am loving this wood theme!!

Hope you are able to fix the silverwolf, fresh, professional and professional-rtl themes though .... please?

I've committed all this to the main trunk ...

Yes! That 'nature' looks will bring a little relief to our sore eyes Big Grin

I'll continue work on the other themes soon.

Phil, I think I'll not copy exactly the standard themes, but I'll make it similar (light/simple), but 'better' (according to my opinion Big Grin )... I welcome everyone suggestions, though!

Best regards,
Hindra
07-26-2012, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM by phil.)
Sounds a super plan...

I also liked that you took out all the disused classes from the existing default.css - so we have no waste text and also confusing for folks coming after looking to find some class in the code somewhere which was removed 5 years ago. Nice and thorough :-)

Thanks for all your efforts!

Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd