Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bank Reconciliation shows wrong balance
08-11-2016, 12:44 AM,
Bank Reconciliation shows wrong balance
Hi,
I noted that the bank reconciliation for the account in base currency screen shows a balance which is not correct and different from the balance shown in the Daily Transaction screen.
I attach the 2 screenshots.
How can this be fixed?

I also have a 2nd account in a different currency. I periodically rebalance it using the Calculate and Post Exchange Difference, hoping the calculation is correct. I am not sure how I can double check this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files
.pdf   Bank Reconciliation.pdf (Size: 124.52 KB / Downloads: 4)
08-11-2016, 01:28 AM,
RE: Bank Reconciliation shows wrong balance
Is the transaction listing all the transactions in that account? I don't see any brought forward balance?

Tim
08-12-2016, 10:58 PM,
If you have the big where Balance Forward is incorrect when creating a new set of accounts (for the next year for example) then this script will show the wrong starting amount. It doesn't find the current period but the last period in the system. If you have recently done something that created a new year of accounts (incorrectly) then this could be the issue.
Here is a post on it: http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...ght=glpost.
It has since been fixed but I am not sure what version you are on. Running the balance forward utility (Z_UpdateChartDetailsBFwd.php) usually fixed it for me.
08-12-2016, 11:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 12:00 AM by donnell_512.)
Yes, it is. I only have few transactions and are all reported on the same page.
The final balance is correct.
Thanks,
George

(08-11-2016, 01:28 AM)falkoner Wrote: Is the transaction listing all the transactions in that account? I don't see any brought forward balance?

Tim

Hi Agaluski,
thank you for your suggestion.
I ran the Z_UpdateChartDetailsBFwd.php but the situation is still the same.
Any other hint?
George

(08-12-2016, 10:58 PM)agaluski Wrote: If you have the big where Balance Forward is incorrect when creating a new set of accounts (for the next year for example) then this script will show the wrong starting amount. It doesn't find the current period but the last period in the system. If you have recently done something that created a new year of accounts (incorrectly) then this could be the issue.
Here is a post on it: http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...ght=glpost.
It has since been fixed but I am not sure what version you are on. Running the balance forward utility (Z_UpdateChartDetailsBFwd.php) usually fixed it for me.