Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install on Windows 7
06-27-2016, 05:18 PM,
Install on Windows 7
Hi,

I have installed apache and php on windows 7 computer and I tried to install webERP on it. But not succeed. If any one help me related to start this erp testing on my computer. I have also installed MySQL on my computer.

Please
06-28-2016, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 11:22 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Install on Windows 7
Do you have/see any errors?

Where did you install the webERP app?

For apache, depending on the version, that would go into the htdocs/ directory, or whatever directory your version considers the 'documentRoot' to be.

There may also be other config matters depending on those answers, but you'll need to give us more info as to what you do or don't see.
06-29-2016, 10:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2016, 10:27 PM by belokars.)
(06-28-2016, 11:03 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Do you have/see any errors?

For apache, depending on the version, that would go into the htdocs/ directory, or whatever directory your version considers the 'documentRoot' to be.

There may also be other config matters depending on those answers, but you'll need to give us more info as to what you do or don't see.

I have installed, Apache, MySQL and PHP on my machine.

Now I copied the php part in apache folders and its running.

I am unable to install / restore the databases in my computers MySQL. I tried those by copying and mysqlcheck repairing commands but no success. The webauth database is restored but weberp database is not restoring on my computer.

(06-29-2016, 10:26 PM)belokars Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 11:03 AM)TurboPT Wrote: Do you have/see any errors?

I have installed, Apache, MySQL and PHP on my machine.

Now I copied the php part in apache folders and its running.

I am unable to install / restore the databases in my computers MySQL. I tried those by copying and mysqlcheck repairing commands but no success. The webauth database is restored but weberp database is not restoring on my computer.

I am really sorry, thanks for your kind reply
06-30-2016, 09:43 PM,
Hi I would like to suggest following ways to install webERP downloaded webERP and extracted the webERP to the "www" directory. Very easy, very simple.

I read that I needed to change the "root" user in MySQL to use a password. I tried different approachs but found a webERP help file with commands listed to log on to MySQL as root. The MySQL was located as a subdirectory of the wamp\bin directory.

I had to open a command prompt windows and change directory to c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.20.3 or something like that. Once in there I could then issue the "mysql -u root -p mysql" command.

I was then able to change the password of the root account and create another account called admin with its own password using the commands from the weberp help file.

I then opened a brower and entered the "http:\\localhost\weberp". This was cool because a nice webpage comes up asking if I wanted to setup weberp system with demo data or just a new company database. I answered the questions and created the weberpdemo database. There was no message that this is going to take some time but I could see the hard drive working like crazy so I set back and waited.

I was able to log in and start reviewing the weberp system.

Now I wanted to set up a new company.

I read all sort of weberp instructions on doing this but I found it easier to go and located the config.php file in the weberp directory and rename it oldconfig.php.

Next I opened a browser and the installation weberp page came up again as in the beginning asking if I want to set up a company. I answsered the questions as before but this time I did not check to use demo option and I gave it the name of my new company. As before, weberp worked away creating the new company and a config.php file.

When done I knew a new config.php had been created. Opening a brower I entered "http:\\localhost\weberp and I had a login screen with both the demo company and the new company listed. I logged in to both to check and everything was ready to go.

I am unsure if this is really ok to rename the config.php to force the install webpage to reappear versus try to use the other script? Well it seems to work and saves a great deal of time. Phil could you confirm if my approach is correct? It seems to work. I am already way on my way to setting up and configuring a new company.
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM,
(06-30-2016, 09:43 PM)monicadawson Wrote: Hi I would like to suggest following ways to install webERP downloaded webERP and extracted the webERP to the "www" directory. Very easy, very simple.

I read that I needed to change the "root" user in MySQL to use a password. I tried different approachs but found a webERP help file with commands listed to log on to MySQL as root. The MySQL was located as a subdirectory of the wamp\bin directory.

I had to open a command prompt windows and change directory to c:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.20.3 or something like that. Once in there I could then issue the "mysql -u root -p mysql" command.

I was then able to change the password of the root account and create another account called admin with its own password using the commands from the weberp help file.

I then opened a brower and entered the "http:\\localhost\weberp". This was cool because a nice webpage comes up asking if I wanted to setup weberp system with demo data or just a new company database. I answered the questions and created the weberpdemo database. There was no message that this is going to take some time but I could see the hard drive working like crazy so I set back and waited.

I was able to log in and start reviewing the weberp system.

Now I wanted to set up a new company.

I read all sort of weberp instructions on doing this but I found it easier to go and located the config.php file in the weberp directory and rename it oldconfig.php.

Next I opened a browser and the installation weberp page came up again as in the beginning asking if I want to set up a company. I answsered the questions as before but this time I did not check to use demo option and I gave it the name of my new company. As before, weberp worked away creating the new company and a config.php file.

When done I knew a new config.php had been created. Opening a brower I entered "http:\\localhost\weberp and I had a login screen with both the demo company and the new company listed. I logged in to both to check and everything was ready to go.

I am unsure if this is really ok to rename the config.php to force the install webpage to reappear versus try to use the other script? Well it seems to work and saves a great deal of time. Phil could you confirm if my approach is correct? It seems to work. I am already way on my way to setting up and configuring a new company.

Thanks for your kind reply.

I tried by various ways and installed it. Any ways thanks for your reply.