Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XMLRPC API Question
05-13-2016, 06:31 PM,
XMLRPC API Question
Hi everyone, we've implemented weberp in our organisation for many years now, and have decided to use the api.
Mainly for creating invoices.
Is anyone here using the api, any gotchas to look out for, also, is there any talk of a restfull API in the works?

Regards
05-13-2016, 06:43 PM,
RE: XMLRPC API Question
The way I designed the api makes it very easy for anybody to add a new protocol, it was just that I have been a big fan of xmlrpc practically from it's inception.

I have used the api a lot, and I would say It's main weakness is in catching errors and returning the correct error code, before they are sent back to the client. I tried to re-use as much of the actual webERP code in the design as I could, but this means that sometimes an html error message is returned which the client tries to interpret as correctly formed xml, fails and spouts a strange error message. This means that debugging errors can be a bit of a black art.

Otherwise it is fine Smile

Tim
05-13-2016, 07:43 PM,
Thanks for the reply,
We are big fans of JSON restfull APIs, if we develop such an api layer, which will basically just encapsulate the current functionality you have already, would it be a possibility that it could be rolled into and maintained with the current code base, or will it be something we need to do an maintain on our own.
I'm sure others here also prefer RESTFULL over xmlrpc

Regards
05-13-2016, 08:54 PM,
I can't see why it wouldn't be rolled into the current code base, but it isn't my decision any more.

Tim
05-14-2016, 12:31 PM,
I don't understand the differences.. but why not!
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz