Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Solved] Auto-issue components in multilevel BOM
04-26-2016, 05:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 08:44 PM by digpittt.)
[Solved] Auto-issue components in multilevel BOM
I'm a beginner with webERP and I cannot have the quantity of auto-issued components of a second level of a BOM to be updated in the stock when I receive the main "father".
I red in the manual that "Components set up to auto-issue, automatically create the issue transactions against the work order based on the bill of material quantities on the entry of receipts of a finished item against the work order", but I see that only for the first level of the BOM: it's possible to have automatically updated also deeper BOM level items? And, in case, how?
Thank you
04-26-2016, 05:41 PM,
RE: Auto-issue components in multilevel BOM
I think the idea is that you would first manufacture the sub assembly items, then when they are received it's components would be auto issued, and then when you receive the top level item the sub assembly itself will be auto issued.

In other words you must first receive the sub assembly in order for it to be used in the main assembly.

Tim
04-26-2016, 06:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-26-2016, 09:00 PM by digpittt.)
Thank you for your prompt answer.

I saw for the first level of the BOM that, when I receive the "father", the quantity in stock can also became negative if there are not enough parts, and that suggest me that it's not so important to have parts available (the next MRP will suggest to produce/buy the missing).

In the same way I expect that also for the second (and deeper) level the quantity indicated in the BOM will be subtracted from the stock quantity, but this doesn't happen: are you sure that there is no way to have multilevel BOM to be automatically managed at all levels?
04-26-2016, 07:10 PM,
Well in theory the sub assemblies could come from pre-made stock, or manufactured to order so just blindly auto issuing components when that sub assembly is needed in a higher level BOM wouldn't work.

Having said that, if the sub assembly is set up as a phantom item then it _should_ work as you want. However I can't check it out right now to see if this actually works, so you would need to test.

Tim
04-26-2016, 07:24 PM,
Yes, with the phantom it works, but then it's no more possible to manage the phantom item, that cannot have a quantity in stock, while in my case it is a "normal" item, to be produced and kept in stock.

04-26-2016, 07:53 PM,
But if you keep the sub-assembly items in stock shouldn't you be manufacturing them separately and then receiving them into stock (and auto issuing the components at that time) so that you can then auto issue them into the parent item?

Tim
04-26-2016, 08:41 PM,
Thank you very much, of course you are right!
Actually, in our production we get from the stock the available sub-assemblies and, if some are missing, assemble the missing ones, so for us it "seems" to be a single operation, but now I see that the concept is wrong: as you suggest, I can add the missing sub-assemblies to the WO and receive them before receiving the parent item, then everything is ok!
Sorry for disturbing... Rolleyes
04-26-2016, 10:25 PM,
RE: [Solved] Auto-issue components in multilevel BOM
Am pleased you are sorted! :-)