Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
PHP7 and WebERP
03-29-2016, 09:13 AM,
PHP7 and WebERP
Hi all good folks at WebERP...

I was wondering if there are any plans to support PHP7 and if so, about when?

Best regards

Atle
03-29-2016, 11:24 AM,
RE: PHP7 and WebERP
Hi, Atle,

Per my understanding, the main issue for weberp running in php7 is the initiate function of those classes. But in php 7 , this function definition will be issued deprecated messages. So I think current version still workable in php 7.

Thanks and best regards!

Exson
03-29-2016, 02:12 PM,
(03-29-2016, 11:24 AM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Hi, Atle,

Per my understanding, the main issue for weberp running in php7 is the initiate function of those classes. But in php 7 , this function definition will be issued deprecated messages. So I think current version still workable in php 7.

Thanks and best regards!

Exson

Ok... Thanks for the quick reply. I shall test it with xampp 7.04 one day fairly soon then.

If anyone happens to bump into this thread and have a clear picture of WebERP vs PHP7, please let me know.

Thanks again

Atle
03-29-2016, 05:31 PM,
I have been using PHP7 on my development machines for a while now. The issues are fairly small. Mysql support has now been removed and you must use mysqli instead (though you should be doing that anyway as the mysql extension hasn't been maintained for years).

As Exson said the constructors for objects can no longer be the class name, and must be called __counstruct() instead.

There was a problem in reportwriter/WriteReport.inc with the line

if ($ThisMonth == 04 or $ThisMonth == 06 or $ThisMonth == 09 or $ThisMonth == 11) {

which PHP7 didn't like and had to be changed to

if ($ThisMonth == '04' or $ThisMonth == '06' or $ThisMonth == '09' or $ThisMonth == '11') {

Other than that it went fairly smoothly, and there are definite speed improvements.

Thanks
Tim

03-30-2016, 06:06 AM,
(03-29-2016, 05:31 PM)falkoner Wrote: I have been using PHP7 on my development machines for a while now. The issues are fairly small. Mysql support has now been removed and you must use mysqli instead (though you should be doing that anyway as the mysql extension hasn't been maintained for years).

As Exson said the constructors for objects can no longer be the class name, and must be called __counstruct() instead.

There was a problem in reportwriter/WriteReport.inc with the line

if ($ThisMonth == 04 or $ThisMonth == 06 or $ThisMonth == 09 or $ThisMonth == 11) {

which PHP7 didn't like and had to be changed to

if ($ThisMonth == '04' or $ThisMonth == '06' or $ThisMonth == '09' or $ThisMonth == '11') {

Other than that it went fairly smoothly, and there are definite speed improvements.

Thanks
Tim

So would you say its not so much work to be done before WebERP would be "PHP7 ready"? I am asking this as I see WebERP in some of my projects that i might get back to later;-)

I think a 100% speed improvement might be a reason for some updates here and there?

Thanks for your answer.

atle
03-30-2016, 06:51 AM,
Well from what I have seen there is very little work needs doing. It does need more testing before I would go live with it - in fact PHP7 isn't really production ready anyway, but I haven't had to make any changes for a while now and I use it every day in my development work.

Tim
03-30-2016, 07:21 AM,
PHP7 is coming and its going to be the industrial standard. Somehow its here

Lets enjoy and share

:-)

Atle
03-30-2016, 07:40 AM,
I agree PHP7 is definitely a great step forward. Would be happy to help you get your webERP PHP7 ready so that you can help in the testing.

Tim
03-30-2016, 07:59 AM,
Well... I do not know how to use webERP or PHP7. But I do know how to stir up a good cause trough a user forum. I have my goals and hopes.

I see a merging overall picture that comes true if especially webERP as its free, open source and also great, thrives.

Open Source attracts honest and real people...

Nuff said?

Atle
04-22-2016, 08:43 PM,
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS which was released yesterday uses PHP7 by default and so breaks webERP. Would be really nice if someone committed these changes that I posted some weeks ago.

Tim