Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locking accounts
12-29-2015, 12:43 AM,
Locking accounts
Hi,

I don't know if this is silly or not Smile but I'm trying to block entry into old accounts that are considered obsolete. Some GL Accounts used to track a liability that no longer exist...

is it at all possible?
12-29-2015, 12:48 AM,
RE: Locking accounts
In Users Maintenance the last field in Edit mode is Account Status. "Open" or "Blocked" are the options. That is what you are looking for.
12-29-2015, 02:12 AM,
(12-29-2015, 12:43 AM)avocado Wrote: Hi,

I don't know if this is silly or not Smile but I'm trying to block entry into old accounts that are considered obsolete. Some GL Accounts used to track a liability that no longer exist...

is it at all possible?

In the most recent code there is the ability to restrict users to certain GL codes which can be used for what you want, but I don't think that is in a release yet.

Tim
12-29-2015, 04:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-29-2015, 04:52 AM by avocado.)
(12-29-2015, 12:48 AM)agaluski Wrote: In Users Maintenance the last field in Edit mode is Account Status. "Open" or "Blocked" are the options. That is what you are looking for.

This is for the user account, I'm looking for GL Accounts.
(12-29-2015, 02:12 AM)falkoner Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 12:43 AM)avocado Wrote: Hi,

is it at all possible?

In the most recent code there is the ability to restrict users to certain GL codes which can be used for what you want, but I don't think that is in a release yet.

Tim

Tim,

Many thanks, so effectively it is thought of but not out there yet.

I'm using an older version of webERP and I'm hoping to migrate my customizations to the new version in order to upgrade... but it isn't easy because the customizations are very specific to our work process.
12-29-2015, 08:18 AM,
Working out how to turn a specific customised solution into a generalised one is often an interesting challenge, but worthwhile as it means much less hassle upgrading in the future. Maybe if you shared some of your needs?

Tim
12-29-2015, 11:33 PM,
Sorry - I misread your question. The code to limit G/L accounts by user is in the trunk already I believe.