Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is WebERP right for me?
11-30-2015, 11:59 PM,
Is WebERP right for me?
I've been evaluating a WebERP demo through Softaculous. I really like what I see, but I have concerns because WebERP does not seem to accommodate a couple of our efficient workflows.

The business is web based. The company manufactures products by contracting with copackers for large bulk quantities that are sufficient for several months of sales. We sell the products on our website and many marketplaces, such as Amazon.

To record sales from the marketplaces, I'd like to import csv files monthly. Each record in the csv should be able to:
  • Create the sale transaction, which will include product sales, shipping sales, discounts and marketplace fees.
  • Properly adjust inventory levels and charge cost of sales based on quantity and SKU fields.

85% of our checking account transactions are for postage and shipping. Instead of entering each transaction individually, we prefer to import them in bulk via CSV monthly. Each of these imported transactions should be visible to the bank reconciliation function.

Are these imports possible with WebERP? Alternatively, could I import them via SQL queries?

Thanks for all advice.
12-01-2015, 12:07 AM,
RE: Is WebERP right for me?
A few years ago, I wrote some import routines for a company that sold via Amazon and Ebay using their API's. As I recall this wasn't too difficult to do, and was preferable to export/import of the files. Unfortunately I don't have access to that code and I suspect the API's will have changed, but I shouldn't imagine it would be that hard to do. Both Ebay and Amazon document these things well.

Tim
12-04-2015, 07:56 AM,
Thanks Tim,

In my case, I think imports are the better solution. Currently, including our web site, we are on 9 marketplaces. Within a year that should be about 20 globally. Not all have APIs and as you pointed out, the ones that do can change, which would be a maintenance headache.

We would like to build a single csv table, or if multiple related tables are required, an SQL query from downloaded sales reports. Would you know that table or query structure?

Hopefully the checking account transactions can be handled similarly.

Steve
12-04-2015, 08:19 AM,
Hi Steve, there are a number of tables that you will require.

1 For the Sales order you need to update salesorders for the order header and salesorderdetails for the lines.
2 For the invoice you need the debtortrans and debtortranstaxes tables, the freighttrans table. Also the orderdeliverydifferenceslog, salesanalysis table and assuming you are doing the GL as well you need gltrans.
3 For stock movements, you need stockmoves, stockmovestaxes, and locstock tables.
4 For the money receipts, you need the gltrans table, and the banktranstable

I may have missed something but as you can see to maintain integrity you need to update a lot of tables. Although of course the import routine only needs to be written once.

If I can help you further you can contact me on tim.schofield1960@gmail.com

Thanks
Tim