Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for test environment
11-25-2015, 10:32 PM,
Suggestion for test environment
Hi everybody I'm new in the forum and to weberp as well. I´m just looking for suggestion on the best way to set up a test environment so that I can configure and try different features and then replicate them to the production environment.

Should I have for example different companies in production, one for true business and other for test, or should I have two different installations. Both options, is there a way to move configurations between them?

Thanks in advance.
Fernando
11-26-2015, 02:52 AM,
RE: Suggestion for test environment
Fernando
I did two different installations one for production and one lab environment I found that this way I can test my modifications in the lab environment and then move the files to the production.
Keep in mind that if you have different companies that you have created they still use the same php files except the files located in the companies folder.
Also each company has a different database and I have been able to move databases between the two installations also.
Hope this helps maybe others have some insight on how they have done there installation.
Thanks
Dave
11-26-2015, 07:52 AM,
RE: Suggestion for test environment
(11-26-2015, 02:52 AM)daveparrish Wrote: Fernando
I did two different installations one for production and one lab environment I found that this way I can test my modifications in the lab environment and then move the files to the production.
Keep in mind that if you have different companies that you have created they still use the same php files except the files located in the companies folder.
Also each company has a different database and I have been able to move databases between the two installations also.
Hope this helps maybe others have some insight on how they have done there installation.
Thanks
Dave

Thank you, it helps. I thought this was the best way, so I will go this way.