Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clarify stock type vs mbflag setting
11-07-2015, 06:03 AM,
Hi all,

I examined the Location Maintenance (4.12.3) and see the very welcomed GL Account Code. Bravo! Transfers now can have GL postings. Smile

However, this raises a few questions in the Stock Categories Maintenance and the MBFLAG on the stockmaster table.
Any responses or comments are welcomed.

stock types (from the stock categories maintenance):
D - Dummy item
F - Finished goods
L - Labour
M - Raw materials

MBFLAG settings (from Item Maintenance):
A - Assembly
B - Purchased
D - Service/Labour
G - Phantom
K - Kit
M - Manufactured

I assume MBFLAG = A G K M would be a stock type = F
I assume MBFLAG = B would be a stock type = M (maybe F)
I assume MBFLAG = D would be a stock type = L

Questions:

1 - What should be the MBFLAG on an item for stock type = D ?
2 - When making an Inventory Adjustment, the GL A Account Code on the Locations would be used for Inventory, but what would be the offset account (the one in the Stock categories I suspect but what if I have multiple locations and want to make adjustments from each location to a separate GL Account or run physical inventory for a different location?)?
3 - When using std cost and after receiving a po for a specific location and matching it to ap invoice and getting a purchase price variance (ppv), how can that locations ppv be separated from other locations?
4 - Similar to 3 except Usage Price Variance on Work Orders?
5 - When changing the std cost of an item with an on hand qty in multiple locations, what would be the offset to the gl account for each location?

This first step for Transfers is great! Are there plans to accommodate the above questions? This would get us to producing P&L by Locations.

Thanks,

Bill

11-13-2015, 09:55 PM,
I have a factory model, exported from the MAX

For example, I have some valves, but static mesh type

How to change type of valves to "TurnFloat" type?

really thx