Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report Builder Tool
10-23-2015, 06:36 AM,
Report Builder Tool
To All
I am trying to build a report with the report builder tool.
What I am trying to do is build a report that shows Customer Notes for sales for the day.
Under database setup for the Primary I have selected salesorders
Second I have custnotes with the syntax salesorders.debtorno=custnotes.debtorno
Then under the Field Setup I setup salesorders.orddate
I get the ERROR Message Report : There is an error in your database field or description. Please check and try again.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dave
10-23-2015, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2015, 10:57 AM by TurboPT.)
RE: Report Builder Tool
I don't have any sales orders to test this, but...

Those first few steps appear to be ok.

There is another step after the "Field Setup" to "Criteria Setup".

At Criteria setup, uncheck all check boxes to the 'Date Field List'.
(there is a foot-note about this for reports below the 'check all that apply' message)

Then choose 'Today' from the 'Default Date Selected' Combo box. [drop-down list]

Then click Finish, and see if that helps. Sorry that I can't test this to verify, but the error didn't appear after Finish.
10-24-2015, 05:52 AM,
That let me go through to finish but still when I use the Field Setup I still has same error also on other strange thing when I go to the drop down in the Field Setup the drop down list opens in the top left of the browser and I can not select anything in the list I can manual type in the table strings.
10-24-2015, 10:33 AM,
Yeah, I saw how that list went to the upper-right corner.

I was able to use the down arrow keyboard key to highlight an entry, and then a double-click of that populated the form's field with the expected value.
10-26-2015, 03:32 AM,
That works for me to.
Thanks
10-29-2015, 12:29 AM,
Hi Dave,

We have 4.12 installed. The custnotes table has as an index noteid. I suspect it should be a compound key of debtorno and noteid. I have not looked to see if a later version addressed this issue. I know we had trouble trying to import.

Later,

Bill
11-10-2015, 11:30 AM,
Bill
Thanks for the help I found the issue to be with the actual date having some leading spaces in front of the data.