Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
STILL WRONG COSTS
10-02-2015, 11:18 PM,
RE: STILL WRONG COSTS
(10-02-2015, 10:04 PM)giusba71 Wrote: I've set the standard cost for all items during the first installation in january 2015.

Now I've just found another negative cost.

I'm sure that it wasn't present in september, because I've checked all the
inventory for negative costs.

Looking at the movements there are no operations after july

Why the cost of this item is now negative?
There are procedure of cost maintainance running at scheduled intervals?

I would guess that though there are no movements after July that there has been at least one supplier invoice/credit entered since then causing a recalculation. The negative will have occurred because of the big difference in purchase prices combined with the supplier invoices being input after the stock has been issued.

Tim
11-04-2015, 05:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015, 05:48 PM by giusba71.)
In an ERP there should not be conditions that generate negative costs!

At the moment I'm correcting the costs with an external query on stockmovements that update the costs in stockmaster.
I prefer a clock that remains back instead of a clock halted! :-)
11-04-2015, 06:24 PM,
If you are manually updating the costs in stockmaster, isn't there now a discrepancy between your Inventory valuation report and your GL control account?

Tim
11-06-2015, 01:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 01:23 AM by giusba71.)
Probably, but we still don't use webERP for GL entries creation.
The options in "Company Preference" are disabled.
Our Accounting Office uses another software.
I entry the supplier invoices just for invoiced price check (and cost update if it works).

By the way, somebody knows how the "Recalculate BOM costs" utility works?
It "Update costs for all items listed in a bill of materials" as stated or update also the cost of the parent items?

11-06-2015, 06:29 PM,
If you are not using webERP for accounting what is to stop you entering a "mock supplier invoice" straight after the goods are received meaning that the weighted average costs will be maintained properly?

Tim
11-13-2015, 05:45 PM,
We need to verify the "real supplier invoice" for quantities and prices.

I think it isn't a great problem to add a "pre-valuing" of the movements at goods arrival stage.

Somebody can help me to do this?
11-13-2015, 08:03 PM,
As has been said before, from an accounting perspective this is a very complex issue, which is why it hasn't been attempted before. What you are saying is that you will retrospectively revalue an item, which could in the meantime have been sold, used in a kit or manufactured item, used in a sub assembly that was then used in a manufactured item etc etc, and so everything has to be changed, and the correct GL entries generated for every subsequent transaction that has occurred, not just for that item, but for all dependent items.

Perhaps you could start by producing a specification here for how you see it working and it can be discussed from there?

Tim