Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this complete system is reliable, and secured?
09-24-2015, 04:04 AM,
Is this complete system is reliable, and secured?
Hello

As i am going through this system, one thing comes on my mind, suppose if put this on my godaddy hosting and make it live, data created by this system is safe on hosting database account or not?

What kind of encryption does this system have?
09-24-2015, 08:38 AM,
RE: Is this complete system is reliable, and secured?
Hi
Have been working with this system for about 9 months now configuring and testing and seems very reliable as for security I have on own server and using a vpn connection office to office I do not think I would put on a hosting company as I feel I can better control security internally.
Thanks
Dave
09-24-2015, 12:02 PM,
You should be sure to make it only accessible over SSL - there is a config option that only allows secure socket connections. So all traffic to and from webERP is secured. Typically you need to configure a certificate on your host to enable this.
Also, you should use a first layer of http authentication for unknown ip addresses which is configurable through .htaccess files on external hosts - before users even get to the webERP login.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
09-25-2015, 03:58 AM,
(09-24-2015, 08:38 AM)daveparrish Wrote: Hi
Have been working with this system for about 9 months now configuring and testing and seems very reliable as for security I have on own server and using a vpn connection office to office I do not think I would put on a hosting company as I feel I can better control security internally.
Thanks
Dave

Please tell me how to create office to office vpn connection and make this connection accesible through mobile?
09-25-2015, 05:59 AM,
As for the VPN connection there are many different options out there, we are using a pair of cisco routers to do this, there are many guides out there to do this and as for the mobile connection we are using a windows 2011 small business server with a ssl connection to the server that has a Unified Communications Certificate (UCC) SSL certificate for security.
09-26-2015, 03:31 AM,
(09-25-2015, 05:59 AM)daveparrish Wrote: As for the VPN connection there are many different options out there, we are using a pair of cisco routers to do this, there are many guides out there to do this and as for the mobile connection we are using a windows 2011 small business server with a ssl connection to the server that has a Unified Communications Certificate (UCC) SSL certificate for security.

Can You guide me for the same, because i am new to this thing?