Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problem loading sql into new database
08-12-2015, 03:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2015, 04:04 PM by opto.)
RE: problem loading sql into new database
(08-12-2015, 06:14 AM)agaluski Wrote: Do you have access to the web server log files? I am guessing the logs would give the error message.

thanks - that may have done it: I find: Unknown database 'weberpdemo' as error

Is the database name hardcoded in the code or in the company directory?

That was the db name in the old installation. In the new one, the db name in MySQL and in the config are consistent (and different from weberpdemo).

It might be a workaround to rename it, but if there is a field to name the db in config, then it should work (unless I make another error on top).

Klaus

no, unfortunately, that didn't help.
08-12-2015, 04:53 PM,
Hi Klaus,

You should have lines similar to this at the bottom of your config.php file that map the database name to the company name.

$CompanyList[0] = array('database'=>'weberpdemo' ,'company'=>'WebERP Demo Company' );
$CompanyList[1] = array('database'=>'your_db' ,'company'=>'Your Company inc' );

Can you check that these exist?

Tim
08-12-2015, 05:37 PM,
it's not there, but does not help.

apache log still says: mysqli_connect(): (HY000/1049): Unknown database 'weberpdemo' in C:\\Bitnami\\wampstack-5.5.27-0\\apache2\\htdocs\\WENeu\\includes\\ConnectDB_mysqli.inc on line 17, referer: http://opw2/weneu/

mysqlworkbench sees the db and can access it with the same credentials I entered into config.
web2project works fine, hmailserver works fine, so in principal, the mysql credentials are ok.

code is 4.0.7.6 version.

mysql now 5.6. Can there be a change with password encryption? is that correct: $CryptFunction = 'sha1';

many thanks,

Klaus
08-12-2015, 05:51 PM,
Sorry Klaus I think I misunderstood, is the database name you are using weberpdemo?

Is the path to the database from the webserver correct? Some hosting companies put mysql on a separate virtual server.
08-12-2015, 06:28 PM,
(08-12-2015, 05:51 PM)falkoner Wrote: Sorry Klaus I think I misunderstood, is the database name you are using weberpdemo?

Is the path to the database from the webserver correct? Some hosting companies put mysql on a separate virtual server.

yes, it is weberpdemo.

And it is a local webserver, set up with the Bitnami wampstack on Win 7 pro. That is working fine with other PHP/MySQL software.

08-13-2015, 02:14 AM,
Hmmm, don't think it will affect it, but just to eliminate it can you try changing to mysql instead of mysqli in config.php
08-14-2015, 04:15 AM,
(08-13-2015, 02:14 AM)falkoner Wrote: Hmmm, don't think it will affect it, but just to eliminate it can you try changing to mysql instead of mysqli in config.php

thanks .... that did it!!

Klaus

08-15-2015, 04:55 AM,
Hi Klaus that means the mysqli extension isn't loaded by php. Really you should do this - sorry I can't help with details on Windows - as the php developers are dropping support for the old mysql extension.

Tim