Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you reprint a packing slip after invoiced
07-01-2015, 03:53 AM,
how do you reprint a packing slip after invoiced
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how to print a Packing Slip for an Invoice that has been that has been billed.

I see the Print Dispatch button when I look up an outstanding Sales order, but this prints the accumulation of what has been shipped and lists the outstanding qty that remains.

Thanks,

Bill
07-01-2015, 08:45 AM,
RE: how do you reprint a packing slip after invoiced
The system does not all retrospective printing of dispatch notes. Each time you print one it shows what remains to be shipped
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
07-01-2015, 10:43 PM,
Based on your browser settings it might still be in your downloads folder. I know when I use chrome I have it set to download the PDF, then it shows in the bottom of the browser. If I click on it then it opens the PDF (but it opens from downloads). So basically I have a built in backup for any documents I print out of WebERP (at least until I clean out my downloads folder)
07-11-2015, 11:44 PM,
There is actually a way to reprint the packing slip.
This is maybe not intended but if you know the Order number you can enter this in Outstanding Sales-Orders and click "Search"
Now it is possible to reprint the Dispatch Note, both Office Copy and Customer Copy.
07-12-2015, 07:33 PM,
(07-11-2015, 11:44 PM)janb Wrote: There is actually a way to reprint the packing slip.
This is maybe not intended but if you know the Order number you can enter this in Outstanding Sales-Orders and click "Search"
Now it is possible to reprint the Dispatch Note, both Office Copy and Customer Copy.

I think the problem is that if the order has had several deliveries re-printing the despatch note in the manner you suggest will print the cumulative despatched quantities to date at the reprint not the despatch quantity for a particular delivery. Having said that I haven't tested it and it may be my memory is playing up.

An interesting solution would be to implement what the accounting systems of my youth called a "spool queue" where all printouts are stored under the users name on the server and can be reprinted. Each user had a certain amount of storage space available and it was up to them to clear out old unwanted printouts. These days storage is so cheap and the printouts generally only occupy a few Kb each printouts could easily be kept for a long time.

Tim
07-13-2015, 03:40 AM,
Quote:I think the problem is that if the order has had several deliveries re-printing the despatch note in the manner you suggest will print the cumulative despatched quantities to date at the reprint not the despatch quantity for a particular delivery. Having said that I haven't tested it and it may be my memory is playing up.
Tim, you are of course right regarding this, didn't think about that.

Quote:An interesting solution would be to implement what the accounting systems of my youth called a "spool queue" where all printouts are stored under the users name on the server and can be reprinted. Each user had a certain amount of storage space available and it was up to them to clear out old unwanted printouts. These days storage is so cheap and the printouts generally only occupy a few Kb each printouts could easily be kept for a long time.
I have thought of something similar. Often the problem is that users forgets to save PDFs after printing them so they could be reprinted if necessary or use as reference (especially Invoices and Packing slips).
I had an idea of auto-save all PDFs in the same process when printed but this may be a problem if users don't prints packing slip at all.
07-13-2015, 08:02 AM,
There is all the info required to print particular deliveries in the stockmoves table so it shouldn't be that hard to write something that reprinted dispatch notes for specific deliveries.
07-15-2015, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2015, 10:42 PM by janb.)
This could easily been done by changing the pdf output to something like this:
Code:
$pdf->Output(getcwd() . '/companies/' . $_SESSION['CompanyName'] . '/PDF/' . $_SESSION['CompanyName'] . '_PackingSlip_' .'OrdNo-'. $_GET['TransNo'] .'_'. date('Y-m-d') . '.pdf','FD');

This will both save the output to file (F) and let the user save it local as normal (D)
I must admit i prefer using 'FI' instead (I = inline) giving me a preview before printing (or save local)

The best would of course be to have a pre-configured path to PDFs (invoices, GRNs, packing slips etc) in config, but this example will work without.

One "problem" with this example is that the file could be overwritten by a dispatch the same day having the same order number.
The best would be to add InvoiceNo to the PrintCustOrder script to avoid this.
It would also be better to have reference to both OrderNo AND InvoiceNo in the filename.