Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with BOM deduction
06-24-2015, 10:51 PM,
Problem with BOM deduction
Please someone help Smile This is the scenario.

I need to create a Bag with polyester as its main materials. This is what i did
1 Level - Bag (Manufactured) with BOM of Top Pocket and Mid Front Pocket
2 Level - Top Pocket (Phantom) with BOM of 0.02 meters of Polyester and Mid Front Pocket (Phantom) with BOM of 0.02 meters os Polyester
3 Level - Polyester (Purchased)

As you can see I need to cut the Polyester to create a material for my bag everything is smooth but once I create a Bag in Work Entry it always state that I only consumed 0.002 Polyester as a material. Which I'm expecting is 0.04 because of Top Pocket and Mid Front Pocket. Can someone help me to analyze this problem. Having a hard time to solve this.

Thanks.
06-24-2015, 11:01 PM,
RE: Problem with BOM deduction
Can you send a screen shot of the BOM Screen?
06-25-2015, 03:52 PM,
(06-24-2015, 11:01 PM)agaluski Wrote: Can you send a screen shot of the BOM Screen?

Here is the screenshot hope you can help me with the formula.

06-25-2015, 07:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 07:08 PM by phil.)
Can't make sense of this - it looks like your screenshot 1 shows that there is no polyester in it's BOM - only the two pockets ... which in turn contain polyester.
To make the bag you just need the two pockets?
When you receive a bag it should auto issue a mid front pocket and a top pocket - but no polyester.
Polyester would get issued when you make the pockets.
The work order inquiry screenshot is inconsistent with the BOM screenshot?
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
06-25-2015, 07:28 PM,
Thank you for the reply. What I'm thinking is once I create a bag it will auto issue mid front pocket and top pocket . Then it will auto issue 0.4 polyester (2nd level Bom) because - mid front pocket and top pocket contains 0.2 polyester each. My second screenshot shows that it only deducted 0.2 polyester from the 0.4 that I'm expecting. I'm still analyzing how it will work that way.
06-25-2015, 07:32 PM,
You'd need to create WOs for the 2 pockets and receive these in to trigger the issue of polyester to these WOs.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
06-25-2015, 07:40 PM,
Okay I guess I run the wrong steps with the system. I guess I will make 2 pockets manufactured not phantom and run WO's with the pockets before I run WO for the Bag. I guess that's proper than making a shortcut manufacturing the bag. Thank's a lot sir.
06-26-2015, 12:55 AM,
I think it is a bug. I setup an item called shirt in my system with 2 phantoms, toppocket and bottompocket, each having poly as a component. When I setup a work order for a shirt I get poly as a worequirement, qtypu=.2, should be .4 I believe the update SQL in the function WoRealRequirements is not working correctly.
The function says:
// combine real immediate components of this item with other occurrences in this work order
// otherwise, we could encounter a uniqueness violation:
// - the same component could occur in multiple dissolved phantom assemblies
// - need to sum quantities of multiple component occurrences

But it doesn't quite work. I 'believe' the issues is in the SQL that reads "CAST('NODE-1' AS CHAR) as parentstockid," and then later users parentstockid in a join. The literal NODE-1 will never match for a join
06-26-2015, 03:51 PM,
Yes that's exactly what I'm thinking about the phantom system autoissue. Another one Sir once I create 2 manufactured items (item1, item2) in same Work Order number it has separate status in the work order list . Why doesn't it merge in one status and one pdf (for less hassle printing purposes) for the said work order number? But once I checked costing item1 and item2 is in the list. Thank's hope this can help other members too.