Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiki Integration
06-17-2015, 01:08 AM,
Wiki Integration
Good day,

I have finally gotten the go-ahead for a webERP installation from a client. I am trying to integrate a MediaWiki install . . . I have been successful, *however* the current version of webERP is handling the creation of products, suppliers and customers differently than in the past.

My issue is that when a new page is created the path to the page has either /customers or /products or /suppliers prepended to the respective customer code, product code or supplier code.

Within MediaWiki I am trying to setup 'Categories' which are 'pages' that automatically maintain an index of items assigned to the category. That way staff does not have to be logged in to webERP to view a discussion on a particular item (or customer or supplier), and that item can be quickly located in the alphabetical listing on the category page. The way things are setup now means in MediaWiki there are potentially hundreds of items are alphabetized under 'P' for /products/AA, /products/bb, etc on the 'Category' page. Not particularly helpful.

Prior test installations from years past did not exhibit this behavior, instead passing MediaWiki just the product code, supplier code or customer code without the associated /products, /suppliers or /customers.

What is the benefit of this addition to the path? Is this peculiar to MediaWiki alone? And is there a way for me to customize what gets passed to MediaWiki to eliminate this issue?

I'm pretty good with Objectpal, but a neophyte with PHP.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Joe
06-17-2015, 02:40 AM,
RE: Wiki Integration
Just a guess but if you use auto-numbering for customer and suppliers you could possibly have Supplier 1001 and Customer 1001 and would want those separate.
06-17-2015, 03:13 PM,
RE: Wiki Integration
Thanks, agaluski. I suppose that is true . . . guess I'll have a look at a couple of the other supported wikis.