Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
"Day of month" long payments term
02-14-2015, 10:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 04:28 AM by giusba71.)
"Day of month" long payments term
Hi developers,

in Italy is usual a long term payment.
Our most used payment term is "60 days end of month".

I've seen that webERP calculate "net days" from invoice OR a "day in the next month" of invoice.

For our long term payments it could be better a calculation of the "net days" from invoice AND a "day in the next month", where a day 0 (zero) could be the end of month of the net days calculation.

For instance: with a "60 days end of month" payment an invoice dated today 14 feb 2015 will be due the 30 apr 2015 (60 days AND end of month).

It is usual, after 60 net days, a payment due in a day in the following month, the 5th or 10th or 15th.
So the 14 feb 2015 invoice with a payment "60 days E.O.M. +5 days" will be due the 5th may 2015.

Another possible payment term is "50% at 60 days E.O.M. and 50% at 90 days E.O.M.".
This is not so usual, but we agreed this with our most important supplier.
It could be possible have tree or more different percentage of payment at 30, 60, 90 days (EOM or day of month)

Maybe I'm asking too much!
OpenERP can do that, but I prefer webERP! Big Grin

However now we are using the 30, 60, 90 net days, but we have to remember if the payment is due at the end of the month or in a day of the following month.

Regards

Giusba
Italy

02-16-2015, 07:00 PM,
RE: "Day of month" long payments term
Well webERP calculates the number of days overdue based on the terms - so the aging report is always relative to the due date. Current is not yet due and the number of days overdue can be specified as system parameters.
Unfortunately, a tiered due date cannot be accommodated.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-17-2015, 12:19 AM,
For the 50% due one time and 50% due another time you would really need to enter 2 invoices, changing the supplier terms in between.
I am considering an enhancement to the Supplier invoice screen where you can override default Supplier terms. We have this need here. One of our suppliers has issued us 2 different terms based on whether we buy a truckload or a rail car from them. So in order to not have to constantly change the Supplier terms before entering an invoice I am going to allow them to be overwritten at invoice time(although defaulting to Supplier master).
As for your others requests like End Of month I believe this could all be be (customized for you). I see a change to the payment terms table (Add Flag for EOM).
Also chaneg the screen works to allow all 3 items to be set. Net Days, Day in Month and EOM.
You can change the calculations in SupplierInvoice.php where the due date is calculated. Something additive. Add net days from Invoice date then If EOM then go to end of month and then add Day in month. This would add a lot of flexibility.
I am not sure how many people have this need so you may need to do it localized.

Also - because the same table is used for Customer Invoices adn we don't currently store the due date on the debtortrans table you would need to change all the Customer side calculations that dynamically calculate due date.

Phil,
I think a slight improvement on customer side is to calculate due date at creation of debtortrans and store it to make aging and invoice printing easier.

Andrew
02-17-2015, 03:03 PM,
WRT supplier due dates - wonder whether we should add due date on the invoice/credit note entry forms to side step the automatic calculations. Perhaps also for debortrans too for customer invoice ConfirmDispatch_Invoice.php?
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-17-2015, 10:18 PM,
Thank you both for the help.
If it can simplify, is possible to calculate the net days from invoice AND, if "day of month" flag is set, calculate the EOM.
Then sum the number of the "day of month", so if the number is zero it is EOM, otherwise a day in the following month.

Giusba
Italy
05-17-2015, 11:32 PM,
No hope to calculate the "net days" from invoice AND then "day of month" (instead of net days OR day of month like now?)