Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
webERP Migration AR/AP Aging, General Ledger
04-24-2015, 05:16 AM,
webERP Migration AR/AP Aging, General Ledger
Hi webERP community,

I am in the process of transitioning onto webERP. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good method to transfer some data from a previous system onto webERP.

For example, if we start on May 1st with webERP, and enter in Sales Orders that arrive May 1st and forward, is there a way to account for the AR that hasn't come in yet? If we receive payment for an invoice on May 3rd that was entered into the old system in April, are we able to allocate that payment against an invoice in webERP somehow?

If I create a sales order on webERP for that check that came in on May 3rd, then I would also have to know what the inventory is before that sales order also.

Same question in respect to AP and General Ledger history as well.

Thanks for any input.

--Felix
04-24-2015, 06:51 AM,
RE: webERP Migration AR/AP Aging, General Ledger
Felix,
There are many ways to do this. Your method is a good one (as long as you also start with correct inventory and G/L balances).
As for an payment that comes in that you don't have a sales order for. You can simply write-up (Adjust) inventory by the amount needed to create an invoice, invoice it - then apply the payment. Regardless of what inventory level was at the time of the original shipment your inventory and A/R will be correct and inventory will be correct because the write-up and invoice will net to 0. The Risk I see is that if you don't get a payment how will you know if you have open A/R. You should write-up and invoice in webERP EVERY open A/R you have at go-live time so you know your real A/R balance at all times.

How many shipments, P/O receipts etc does your company perform? and how much history do you have in the existing system?
When I sent live from another system I started with a period end that I knew the inventory and G/L balances for. Month by month i re-entered all receipts into WebERP, then all W/O transactions and then all Shipments. This was good practice in transactions and allowed me to have history in the system including lots. I did 6 months of transactions myself. Well worth the week it took me to perform them.
04-24-2015, 10:04 AM,
Hi Agaluski,

Thanks for your input, I believe I will create invoices on webERP for all open AR right before we go live.

We have a lot of open AR, open AP, shipments, etc. so I was hoping there would be a easier way to have the correct balance for the AR/AP accounts.

We've had our current system for at least the last 5 years, so there is a lot of history on it.

Thanks,

--Felix
04-24-2015, 11:11 PM,
You can have a correct G/L balance by loading the A/R account but you will not have the details by customer and will have nothing to allocate incoming payments against. Theoretically you could create 1 large invoice/debtortrans record per customer to hold total open A/R and allocate payments against instead of many shipments. Haven't thought through through the details of it though. Could put it into excel and load into debtortrans table. The only constraints on that table are period and systypes. Perhaps somebody with more experience has encountered a similar need and can provide some advice.
04-25-2015, 07:53 PM,
For AR you can import just the debtortrans without having an underlying sales order stock movements etc - this gets you the customer account balances - which your GL needs to agreed the total control account. Of course invoice/credit reprints fail miserably but you have the analysis of the open items at least.

With AP balances better to start from scratch - and choose a point to transition without importing history I think.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
04-29-2015, 04:08 AM,
Hey Phil,

Thanks for the advise, this was exactly what I wanted.

--Felix
05-06-2015, 10:44 AM,
I have a problem allocating a payment to one customer doing this method. It works for all of my other customers. Any ideas why? No error message appears when I press process allocations, the page just refreshes and nothing happens.

-Felix
05-06-2015, 12:24 PM,
Hi, Felix,

Are there many transactions to be allocated than other customers? If so, you should change max_input_vars value in php.ini.

Best regards!

Exson
05-07-2015, 01:38 AM,
Hi Exson,

There are a lot more transactions to be allocated than other customers. I'll give it a try.

Thank you.

--Felix
05-07-2015, 01:42 AM,
You can see the answer from this thread:

http://www.weberp.org/forum/showthread.p...input_vars

Tim