Supplier Invoice Capturing
Hi All,

Happy to find an active weberp forum.

We need some input on the following:

- PO entered
- Supplier provide Proform Invoice
- Supplier paid in advance before products delivery
- Products shipped
- Products delivery with invoice, import duties etc...

Is that scenario possible in weberp?

I found that it allows the invoice entry only if PO is received.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks,
Joe
04-14-2015, 08:47 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-14-2015, 08:47 PM by TimSchofield.)
RE: Supplier Invoice Capturing
Hi Joe, you are correct that to enter an invoice against a purchase order, that order needs first to be received. It is possible to enter a payment in advance against a supplier that can then be allocated when the invoice against the GRN is later input. I suppose it would be possible to enter a GL invoice for that supplier against some GL suspense account which can then be reversed later when the tax invoice is entered. This could have VAT implications though.

Thanks
Tim
04-14-2015, 09:49 PM,
Thanks Tim.

I found it a bit complicated. It is a very common scenario in business.

Is there a workaround? Could someone perhaps describe the steps so i can test it.

I have tried but nothing really stands out.

Thanks,
joe

(04-14-2015, 08:47 PM)falkoner Wrote: Hi Joe, you are correct that to enter an invoice against a purchase order, that order needs first to be received. It is possible to enter a payment in advance against a supplier that can then be allocated when the invoice against the GRN is later input. I suppose it would be possible to enter a GL invoice for that supplier against some GL suspense account which can then be reversed later when the tax invoice is entered. This could have VAT implications though.

Thanks
Tim

04-14-2015, 10:18 PM,
This is how we handle this situation. We setup our Prepaid expense account o also be a bank account. When we receive the proforma invoice we make a GL Payment to the Supplier and offset cash to Prepaid Expenses (Asset Account). Goods are received. Supplier Invoice is entered into system against received P/O. Supplier Invoice is then immediately paid from the Prepaid Expense account
04-15-2015, 06:16 PM,
Hi Agaluski,

Many thanks for the workaround. Will test it and get back to you if i have any question.

Be Well,
Joe
04-15-2015, 07:04 PM,
As Tim says - it is possible to simply enter a payment against a supplier/vendor's account - agains for tht the Pro-forma invoice.
This enters a GL debit to the creditors control account (and credit the bank account). You could enter a reversing journal against creditors control and prepayments if you are precious about netting debtors and creditors.

When the goods arrive you receive against the PO - then enter the invoice against the goods received.... then you can allocate the payment made previously against the invoice.

Yes very common scenario.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
04-15-2015, 07:48 PM,
Hi All,

Thank you for the support.

Will give it a try.

I would like to document this business processes (work around) with step by step approach for future users.

Are these processes already documented? Would anyone be interested to help in this?

regards.
Joe
04-19-2015, 05:24 PM,
There is some documentation here:

http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/...ntsPayable

Happy to flesh this out with your help
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
04-23-2015, 08:00 PM,