Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update in web server
06-06-2015, 11:50 PM,
Update in web server
Does everyone know how update to the version latesd when the WEBERP is working in web server.

Thanks a lot

Ricardo Lee.
06-08-2015, 10:45 AM,
RE: Update in web server
HI, Ricardo,

If you have no any customization, just use the new version downloaded to replace the old version in the server. Then login as normal. and webERP will do other things automatically.
Please remember doing a fully backup before do this.

Best regards!

Exson
06-08-2015, 11:54 PM,
(06-08-2015, 10:45 AM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: HI, Ricardo,

If you have no any customization, just use the new version downloaded to replace the old version in the server. Then login as normal. and webERP will do other things automatically.
Please remember doing a fully backup before do this.

Best regards!

Exson

Thanks dear friend Exson, just this is the point i did some customization so this is the reason for my question because i don't know how keep this customization in the new release.

Thanks a lot for your comments

Best regards
Ricardo Lee.
06-09-2015, 05:09 PM,
Hi, Ricardo,

That's all right.

Usually the process to upgrade a customized webERP is quite complicated and error prone. The more customization, the more complicated.
You should study the new version to check what has been changed in sql file and in scripts and evaluate the affected scripts.
There is no good way to upgrade a customization webERP.
Best regards!

Exson

06-09-2015, 06:26 PM,
The trick is to use git or one of the other modern version control systems such as mercurial.

Keep the master branch in sync with the main line on sourceforge using git-svn or equivalent. Create a branch that is the master branch plus your changes, and then whenever the master branch is updated merge that up into your customised branch.

Modern version control systems (not cvs or subversion) are very smart at merging, and I hardly ever see any conflicts, and when I do they are easily resolved. What is important is to do the above process regularly.

Tim
06-10-2015, 11:04 AM,
(06-09-2015, 05:09 PM)Exsonqu_Qu Wrote: Usually the process to upgrade a customized webERP is quite complicated and error prone. The more customization, the more complicated.
The best way is to write your customisation according to the conventions at
http://www.weberp.org/Development.html
and contribute them into the main trunk - so when the upgrade time comes you already have all your functionality built into the new version with no scripts to rework :-)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz