Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Generate custom report with Sales Order Totals and can't export as pdf
01-29-2015, 06:08 AM,
Unable to Generate custom report with Sales Order Totals and can't export as pdf
Hi,

I am trying to create a report from report builder that shows all the sales orders that have been input on a particular day. I would like the report to show details similar to the outstanding orders table on the dashboard.

However, in the report that I am trying to create, I can't find a table that has the sales order total. Maybe I need to multiply the qty in salesorderdetails with the unit price and sum it up for the total somehow? I am also unable to export the reports from report builder as pdf, but there is no issue in exporting it as csv.

Ideally, I would like the report to show the order number and the sales order total as a single line per whole order, instead of a line for each sales item, which has been the result that I have been getting. I would also include a few other columns for salesman, and customer name, but I don't have an issue in getting that to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Felix
01-29-2015, 01:10 PM,
RE: Unable to Generate custom report with Sales Order Totals and can't export as pdf
Yes you need to extend the SUM of salesorderdetails quantity x price grouping by orderno to get the order total
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
01-30-2015, 12:01 AM,
RE: Unable to Generate custom report with Sales Order Totals and can't export as pdf
If you are interested, I developed these 2 reports that aren't in the menu system. They are run from cron weekly and email the PDF's off to people setup for each report. You can modify the where criteria in the php.
I will upload to the repository as well. Management and salespeople seem to like these. One shows orders taken in the last week and includes gross margin. It also have a Month to date summary line at the bottom. The second one doesn't include gross margin and break a new page for each salesperson

Attached Files
.php   PDFSalesBySalesperson.php (Size: 7 KB / Downloads: 3)
.php   PDFWeeklyOrders.php (Size: 9.64 KB / Downloads: 4)
01-30-2015, 02:25 AM,
Okay, thanks for the help Phil and Agaluski.

--Felix
01-30-2015, 07:50 AM,
Loving your work Andrew :-)
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
01-30-2015, 10:51 PM,
Thanks Phil. Now If I could just find more time to develop....