Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploring webERP, not sure it's appropriate. Thoughts?
01-16-2015, 05:56 AM,
Exploring webERP, not sure it's appropriate. Thoughts?
Hello,
I am starting a new business (formally that is) and am exploring software that could help me manage my needs and wants (not looking for a panacea, just helpful).
For some story setup:
I repair and make watches. I am a one man show for now and the foreseeable future. I carry raw material like brass bar stock, steel blocks etc. I have a large parts inventory that is completely unmanaged currently. If I need something I look and if I'm lucky I find it! If not I order or make the part. I also have consumables I use during servicing movements, cleaning solutions and lubricants are examples. I have a fair amount of tools and equipment. I also bill for time in certain jobs. My accounting system is paper for now. (It's actually the accounting that lead me from a copy of quickbooks 2009 I've had unopened for years and the desperate need for inventory help that started my searching over the past year and webERP kept showing up.)

In addition I need a way to maintain and communicate with my customers which are individuals and trade accounts (i.e. a store which sends lots of work under their name).

So that's my story in a nutshell. I'm not quite an enterpriseSmile but am seeing the possibility of this software to ease and manage many of my problems. But that's why I'm asking for others to maybe chime in and give their thoughts if you all would be so kind. I would happily supply any more details if need be.
Thanks in advance,
PaL
01-20-2015, 11:37 PM,
RE: Exploring webERP, not sure it's appropriate. Thoughts?
WebERP would work well for you to track and manage inventory, record your purchases and bill for jobs. It is free and comes with a lot of good features.