Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch/Bulk Invoicing
07-09-2019, 06:14 PM,
Batch/Bulk Invoicing
Hello,
I am new to webERP.
I want to use webERP in a school project and my problem is how to create invoices for fees payment for each level.
For instance, Year 1 has 600 students and all pay $150 as school fee while year 2 has 450 students who pay $330 etc

My problem now is how to accomplish the task of creating the invoices for all the students in each level by selecting the level from a predefined list.

Please help
07-09-2019, 07:30 PM,
RE: Batch/Bulk Invoicing
The short answer is that there isn't a way to do this "out of the box".

The slightly longer answer is that it wouldn't be too hard to add this in. I would go about it by setting up different "Customer types" for Year 1, Year 2 etc, and then amend the transaction scripts to enable you to pick a customer type or a particular customer. If a type is chosen then it would generate an invoice for all customers in that type.

Tim
07-09-2019, 07:35 PM,
Thanks Tim for the prompt response.
Could you please kindly point me to what to amend to achieve the said functionality?

(07-09-2019, 07:30 PM)falkoner Wrote: The short answer is that there isn't a way to do this "out of the box".

The slightly longer answer is that it wouldn't be too hard to add this in. I would go about it by setting up different "Customer types" for Year 1, Year 2 etc, and then amend the transaction scripts to enable you to pick a customer type or a particular customer. If a type is chosen then it would generate an invoice for all customers in that type.

Tim

07-09-2019, 10:56 PM,
To do it properly start with SelectOrderItems.php. Where it searches for a customer provide an option to select a customer type. You obviously need to play with some of the headings to show it is for a type not a particular customer. The section that does the database inserts you need to loop through all the customer types, posting for each debtor code. You will similarly need to loop through the postings in the ConfirmDispatch_Invoice.php script.

This assumes a reasonable proficiency at PHP although the code is reasonably easy to understand. I think the best advice is to give it a go (on a test database obviously) and come back here with any specific questions.

Tim
07-10-2019, 09:36 PM,
Thanks Tim.
Let me give it a go.
I will provide feedback if I run into issues.

(07-09-2019, 10:56 PM)falkoner Wrote: To do it properly start with SelectOrderItems.php. Where it searches for a customer provide an option to select a customer type. You obviously need to play with some of the headings to show it is for a type not a particular customer. The section that does the database inserts you need to loop through all the customer types, posting for each debtor code. You will similarly need to loop through the postings in the ConfirmDispatch_Invoice.php script.

This assumes a reasonable proficiency at PHP although the code is reasonably easy to understand. I think the best advice is to give it a go (on a test database obviously) and come back here with any specific questions.

Tim