Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stock quantity adjustments
05-18-2012, 06:58 AM,
Thumbs Down  stock quantity adjustments
stock quantity adjustments would be easier to handle if the detail screen for the adjustment would show the currently availabe stock at all locations.

http://localhost/we1/StockAdjustments.php?StockID=C

thanks,

Klaus
05-18-2012, 09:05 AM,
RE: stock quantity adjustments
Hi, Klaus:

I cannot find the reason why this should be shown. Could you explained further for it?

Best regards!

Exson
05-19-2012, 02:54 AM,
a typical use of quantity adjustments would be an adjustment after the yearly counting of items.

Unfortunately, the screen demands input for the correction, not for the absolute no of items that are now in stock.

If I go to items, it shows the absolute number in stock, but not broken down to locations.

So if I want to make an adjustment, I need multiple actions:

first, go to stock status, write down on paper (!) the available no for the desired location.

Next, go to quantity adjustments, use calculator to get the difference between available no and new total absolute no, enter that difference into the screen and hope no error came up.

If I would see the available quantities at all locations at the bottom of the screen, this would at least be somewhat easier.

Another option would be a checkbox to either enter the difference (adjustment) or the new absolute total no. of the item.

In any case, to show the available no before doing any adjustment would surely be less error prone.

Hope this is clearer.

thanks,

Klaus
05-19-2012, 09:22 AM,
Hi, Klaus:

Why use stock take feature for this scenario?

Best regards!

Exson
05-19-2012, 06:14 PM,
1) what else could I use to adjust to an absolute value, not by difference?

2) in any case, in the current window we are adjusting the quantity 'blind', not knowing what the actual qoh is. If I have employees doing this, it would be good if they can verify what they are doing on screen (how careful do I expect them to be?)

Klaus
05-20-2012, 09:53 AM,
Hi, Klaus:

If you don't understand the stock taking features provided by webERP, please read the manual carefully.

Best regards!

Exson