Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abandoned Work Orders
08-06-2014, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014, 12:23 AM by agaluski.)
Abandoned Work Orders
I noticed if you go to "New Work Order", up on entry into the screen a workorder record is created and the next number is used up from the counter. If you don't use the order or click "Cancel" and leave the screen another way (close browser window, change menus) the workorder record becomes abandoned in the DB with no way to Cancel later.
Anybody else experience this or have an issue with it? Most other WebERP screens don't create a database record upon entry.
I am wondering if a cleanup script should be added to the login and what criteria we should add to ensure we don't delete a work order somebody is in the process of creating?
Something like Required date in the past (x days) and no woitems table connected means abandoned?

I'm getting 10-15 abandoned orders per month
08-06-2014, 11:29 AM,
RE: Abandoned Work Orders
Yes - I made a mistake with this script so the work order number is incremented before it is committed. Needs a bit of TLC to fix - never got around to it. Better to fix at source me thinks than develop a clean up script.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz