Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do people track credit card accounts
07-25-2014, 01:06 AM,
How do people track credit card accounts
Right now I have my credit card account setup as a bank account. Each charge is entered as a payment against the credit card account and when I pay the bill I perform a G/L payment from the checking account to the G/L account. This means I can use the bank reconciliation features. I can't however process a check from the Payments screen (Because no supplier is selected).
I tried entering a "Supplier Invoice" which nicely moved my amount due from the G/L account associated with the credit card to A/P. The payment is then to the supplier and the check comes out nicely. This however doesn't created a needed 'receipt' banktrans in the credit card account so I can no longer use the reconciliation feature of WebERP.
I could enter each credit card expense as a supplier invoice and pay them all with one check but then again - no reconciliation is possible.

I was considering modifying the Supplier Invoice function to create a banktrans record for each General Ledger posting (if the account is also a bank account)
Another option is associating a supplier with a bank account and using that at check print time even though I'm performing a G/L Payment
Ideas? Suggestions? Something I am missing?