Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIFO and Inventory aging
06-13-2014, 01:12 AM,
FIFO and Inventory aging
I see that weberp has expiration dates. Have I missed a Lot/Serial Date to perform inventory aging and fifo picks based on?
Could be as simple as storing a create date on the stockserialitems table?

Thanks,
Andrew
06-16-2014, 10:56 PM,
RE: FIFO and Inventory aging
Hi, Andrew,

I believe it's can be utilized to meet your requirements. There is a big potential for webERP to manage aged inventory according to this feature. What need to do is just to set the items to be Perishable. Then you can records those data when receiving goods to warehouse. The left things is just to create some inquiry scripts to meet your requirement.

Thank and best regards!

Exson
07-02-2014, 10:54 PM,
Thank you Exson however I am not looking for an expiration date but to use FIFO for picking in the warehouse for work orders and shipping.
07-15-2014, 07:16 PM,
I have a similar need for FIFO stock control, as our outsourced warehouse uses rotation numbers (batches) for all stock, and although our stock does not have an expiry date, we do want to track and report stock that reaches close to shelf life (we are a wine merchant and things like Rosé wines might go beyond 1 year, but are not age worthy for several - though I'd hope they don't sit for years!). Is the FIFO an all or nothing switch? ie for all products in all warehouses? Can we use average costing for some items?

The rotation number (aka Batch/Lot) is used to track condition/provenance of older vintages, so if the ulage (levels of fill) or source is specific we might not use a strict FIFO, as we may sell a later lot that has been specifically requested (ie direct from Chateau, verse another lot from a Private collector or High Fill levels verse base of neck, or Even Original Wodden Case verse cardboard) ... does the FIFO allow this manual selection/override?

Maybe in the future SERIAL numbers will become a requirement too, as wine is attempting anti-counterfeit measures, can these be used at the same time as Batch/Lot numbers?

Further, and we're in the UK, we hold stock either as "Duty Paid" or "Duty Suspended" and sell the Duty Suspended as suspended or paid depending on the client and their wishes for that order. I assume (probably wrongly) that there is no existing functionality to allow or enable this and that I would need to develop or pay someone else to do this? If it can be done currently, please can someone explain.

The duty is calculated based on banded categories of product class (ie Fortified, still <5%, still >12%, Sparkling etc etc) multiplied by volume ie per litre of fluid).

The FIFO is affected by Duty Status, as if we have a order to be sent as Duty Paid, it will need to pick the DutyPaid stock first (if there is any) and top up if needed with the "duty suspended" stock. Where as the same order being made to another duty suspended client would only be picked from a Duty suspended batch.

Lots of questions, sorry not intending to hijack the existing post, any pointers or answers would be great.

Thanks Richard
07-16-2014, 05:31 AM,
Having Read the Manual, section Taxes
[/quote]Sales Within Two Tax Authorities Example - 3 Tax Levels:

The business has a warehouse in another country - (Tax Authority A) or state with a different revenue collection authority and one authority has two levels and the other has 3 levels (Tax Authority B) as in the two examples above. Rates need to be defined for deliveries from each warehouse to customer branches in each tax authority. In most cases the rate of tax applicable to exports will be 0% - exempt. Tax Authority A will have entries applicable to deliveries within Tax Authority A for each of the 3 tax levels (even though only 2 are applicable - the rate for level 3 will be the same as 1) and also for deliveries to Tax Authority B. Tax Authority B will have rates set up for each level for deliveries within Tax Authority B and also for deliveries to Tax Authority A - the later rates will most likely be 0%.

The logic used in determining the rate to be used is as follows:

The TaxAuthority of the warehouse the goods are delivered from, the TaxLevel of the item and the Tax Authority of the branch of the customer being delivered to are determined. Using all three of these factors the rate is returned from the TaxAuthLevels table.

General ledger posting relating to the taxes calculated are made in accordance with the codes set up in the Tax Authority table. [/quote]

It appears that my Duty Issue might be solvable by using 2 warehouse locations (Duty Paid and Duty Unpaid) with a different tax status for each.
The problem comes from the fact duty is not related to price it is related to a tiered fixed price multiplied by how many litres of fluid. Sales Tax (VAT) is then calculated on both the price and duty, as a %.

Is this something WebERP can handle?
If not where should I post a development request (for a paid for) enhancement?

thanks

PS
On Firefox the 4 forum message quote options (code/PHP/quote etc) buttons don't work you get "[undefined=undefined]", they do in ie9... although in preview mode they done appear to work!
07-16-2014, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-16-2014, 08:36 PM by phil.)
Not sure I fully understand your situation.
Only ad-valorem taxes can be calculated currently (i.e. as a percentage of the sales value) - we can't deal with fixed tiered duty per quantity.
This would need modifications to the tax functionality.

Really prefer for commercial matters to be handled off list/forum.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
07-17-2014, 02:22 AM,
The question was if you could utililise the two tiers of tax to achieve a working solution for duty, but that is now clearly not possible.

I have had a couple of PM's from people interested in doing the development, so I will write a proper and robust spec, going beyond my needs to cover other import and export and duty needs, although it'll be centric to my needs, it might help others, even if only to comment on regional differences that could be included with little extra effort.

So how would be best to "advertise" a job/project opportunity to those who may be interested? In the Marketplace section? Is there a list of developers who do project work?
I would seem odd to have to use oDesk or People per hour when the Forum is going to have the most knowledgeable coders? and avoid the "agency" fees these services charge.

Not wanting to rock the boat, but do want to make quick progress, so please point me the right way...
thanks
Richard
07-17-2014, 02:01 PM,
See commercial support providers

http://www.weberp.org/Support.html
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz