Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOM Effective dates in Work Orders
05-31-2014, 12:56 AM,
BOM Effective dates in Work Orders
I was looking at the work order creation and costing it doesn't appear bom effective dates are taken into account (But they are for kits/assemblies in the sales order module).
Am I missing something or is this just something that needs to be added to the work order module in the function WoRealRequirements?
What dates should be used. Date work order created, completed, costing closed?

06-01-2014, 06:47 PM,
RE: BOM Effective dates in Work Orders
shouldn't be completed or costed - then it is done already.

should also be reflected in mrp requirements and be identical there.

either use date of start of wo or creation of wo.
we need to procure material for start.
Problem might arise if BOM items expire between creating and starting the wo. Not sure what to do then.
Workers probably would stick to what's valid at wo start. But wo start may not be so well defined depending on routing and availability of materials.
06-02-2014, 01:25 PM,
I've added effectivity dates into the costing calcs in the WO entry now. Thanks for the heads up.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
06-02-2014, 11:39 PM,
Thanks Phil
07-24-2014, 01:17 AM,
I wouldn't call this a bug but something to be aware of. if you perform a W/O receipt after the effective dates of the BOM components then the worequirements get deleted.
I noticed this because I changed a component on a BOM just effective for 1 day. But then I noticed no requirements in the W/O close. Where did my worequirements go? Looking at WorkOrderReceive.php I see the below.

I'm wondering if the function WoRealRequirements should have a date as a parameter instead of using today's date. Then where this function is called you can pass today or W/O Start date?
Thoughts?

//Need to refresh the worequirments with the bom components now incase they changed
$DelWORequirements = DB_query("DELETE FROM worequirements
WHERE wo='" . $_POST['WO'] . "'
AND parentstockid='" . $_POST['StockID'] . "'",
$db);

//Recursively insert real component requirements
WoRealRequirements($db, $_POST['WO'], $WORow['loccode'], $_POST['StockID']);
11-25-2014, 06:08 PM,
I think you are correct.
For consistency (and so that it is easier to understand what was done), I would keep the requirements to those valid at start of WO. (Or maybe those that were valid when the WO documents for the workers were printed.).

Whenever I do the receive, it feels confusing to use today's (or receiving days) requirements.
If I enter that a WO is to be done between date A and date B, those wo dates define the requirements independent of when I enter received into the system.

All other changes (like BOM change during WO which is also applied to this WO) shoul be done manually afterwards.

If there are no clear understandable rules, after some time (e.g. during a review a year later) nobody will understand how the system did this.

my 2 ct,

Klaus