Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export of Sales Order Details
05-20-2014, 09:53 PM,
Export of Sales Order Details
Is there already a way to export sales order details to a csv file.

I want to export sales order data in a particular way and will have to modify if there is something but I wanted a guide to where to start. ie which database holds what information. For cust name, address, delivery address, plus prodcode, qty, etc.

I dont want to use phpmyadmin for this.

05-20-2014, 10:37 PM,
RE: Export of Sales Order Details
Take a look at SalesInquiry.php (Also on Sales Order menu called 'Sales Order Detail Or Summary Inquiries'. It puts out a pipe delimited report. You can add or remove fields from the output as needed.
05-20-2014, 11:23 PM,
brill will take alook now Smile
05-21-2014, 07:20 PM,
(05-20-2014, 09:53 PM)Chris Williams Wrote: Is there already a way to export sales order details to a csv file.
You'd need (or get someone) to write something to to do this.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
05-22-2014, 12:32 AM,
Yes, I started looking at this, then realised I can do it a different way.

We have already written our own despatch program in php. It records despatches and weights of order, tells the warehouse how to pack goods into boxes, and links up with our transport carriers to print the address labels.

We export orders from our current program as a csv file and then I have made an import order script to read it file and create the order.

With Weberp, I can add a new sales order save it and then our program can just look in the database tables and read the order straight in.

We tend to follow a set routine for orders:

ie, Quote -> Order -> Pick Ticket -> Delivery Note -> Invoice

After the warehouse pick the goods, they will back order and products not being delivered and then print the delivery note. Our customer would sign the delivery note for goods received and we then pass that delivery note to our accounts who raise the invoice.

Goods are orderd by the purchasing department, and when the balance of goods arrive the warehouse take them off back order, the pick ticked can be filed as complete, print a new delivery note and then invoice the remaining goods.

weberp seems to create the back order at invoice stage, which for us isnt quite right.

Long term using your APIs to go the other way maybe a better option though.