Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to clear Goods Received Suspense
05-20-2014, 07:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2014, 07:34 AM by agaluski.)
Best way to clear Goods Received Suspense
At certain times we may receive a different qty than our supplier invoices us for. Often with bulk materials there are discrepancies with weights. So we may receive 1002 LBs of a good but the supplier thinks they shipped us 1000 LBs and invoices us for 1000 LBs. So we do a GR for 1002, Enter an Invoice for 1000 and we have 2 Qty * price left in GR Suspense and this 'open' P/O not yet invoiced always shows at future invoices.
What is the best way to clear this out?
We are talking about very minimal $ amounts.
For my current one I entered a new invoice from the supplier for the remained moving the $ from GR Suspense to A/P. Then I entered a $0 payment to the Supplier and took the balance as a discount, clearing A/P.
Does this make sense? IS there a better way to handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew
05-21-2014, 07:30 PM,
RE: Best way to clear Goods Received Suspense
Hi Andrew,
It would be nice to have a facility to write these amounts off... perhaps selecting the outstanding GRNs and telling the system to write it off the miscellaneous income or something.... but we don't.
You could simply do a journal to clear the small amounts from the GRN suspense but this would leave the GRN without the total quantity received as invoiced and would keep appearing on the outstanding GRN report. Would be nice to have a complete option that writes the difference off somewhere
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
05-21-2014, 11:08 PM,
I agree. Will add it to the 'list' although this one is of a lower priority than some others I need to make happen. Reminds me of an old Seinfeld episode.... Big Grin
Quote:Jerry: So, we're going to make the post office pay for my new stereo, now?
Kramer: It's a write-off for them.
Jerry: How is it a write-off?
Kramer: They just write it off.
Jerry: Write it off what?
Kramer: Jerry all these big companies they write off everything.
Jerry: You don't even know what a write-off is.
Kramer: Do you?
Jerry: No, I don't.
Kramer: But they do - and they are the ones writing it off.
05-22-2014, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 04:52 PM by phil.)
Ha Big Grin
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz