Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tracking work orders from sales orders
04-08-2014, 05:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 05:49 AM by rsperumal.)
tracking work orders from sales orders
When there is insufficient quantity for the item being added to the sales order, it automatically creates a work order for the item for manufacturing. As far as i checked, its not possible to track work orders created from a sales order unless we note down the work order numbers. I would like to know if there is a way to track status of work orders for a specific sales order. Or is there a mean for sales department to know when the work order is completed?
04-10-2014, 01:43 AM,
RE: tracking work orders from sales orders
As far as I know this is not possible currently. A change could be made to track a list of sales orders that a work order is for (Since a W/O could cover enough Qty for multiple sales orders).
The changes I envision would be
1) New table to track W/O to S/O cross reference
2) Work Order Entry - allows list of Sales Orders to be manually input if W/O created manually and cross reference is created
3) MRP modified to create cross reference as it creates W/Os
4) W/O Receipt or Close modified to go through the list of sales orders and sent a notification (email?) to either a) the user who created the orders or b) the salesperson on each order

Is this what you are looking for?
Not sure where this type of functionality would be on the enhancement list (probably not high) but I am sure some folks on this forum would be willing to do it for $$ and then contribute it back to the project.