Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handling tasks in work order
03-23-2014, 10:50 AM,
handling tasks in work order
I want to set up a system which involves manufacturing of goods in factory. The manufacturing process involves predefined sequence of tasks to get the final product. The cost of goods in production at any point of time is calculated based on the tasks completed rather than the quantity produced (because they get the final shape at the last stage for all the quantity being manufactured).
Can you advice me how i can consider these tasks as part of the work order so that i can calculate the worth of the items for work in progress? Is there anyway i can track the progress (which task is completed for each order)?

Thanks a lot
03-24-2014, 01:12 AM,
RE: handling tasks in work order
Hi,

There is a sequence no has been added to BOM by Muthu around 2 months before. But there is no further progress now.

So your problem can not be solved temporarily.

Best regards!

Exson
03-24-2014, 07:04 AM,
Thanks Exson,

I have an idea of adding these tasks as stock items that can be "issued to" the work order. (or part of the BOM).
The "unit of measure" for these task items would be hrs (estimated hrs to finish the task) and the cost can be the hourly rate . When a task is completed, the item can be "received" against the work order.
I'm not bothered much about actual hours spent since its more or less predefined and variations can be ignored.
What i want is a mean to calculate the cost of unfinished goods which i can calculate as cost of BOM + cost of "Received" task items.
I can write some scripts or adapt the code to retrieve this information.

Do you see any issues in the above approach?
If not, Can you advice which stock category these task items much belong to and if it has to be Assembly, Kit, Manufactured or Service/Labour?

Thanks,
Saravana
03-24-2014, 07:09 AM,
The way to do this at the moment is to add labour items to the bill of materials for each stage. Then as it completes each stage issue that labour item to the work order.

WorkOrderCosting.php gives the WIP value of each work order.

Thanks
Tim
03-26-2014, 09:58 PM,
Thanks Tim.

I tried to test it for one WO containing one BOM and it looks fine. But when i have two or more BOMs on same WO (and each BOM having labour items assigned), if i "issue" the labour item to the WO for any one BOM, it gets issued to all BOMs (same quantity duplicated for all BOMs). Is that because i'm using same labour item on all BOMs? how do i overcome this problem?

kind regards,
Saravana