Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inventory item code
03-15-2014, 05:36 PM,
Inventory item code
Hi,

We have unnecessary inventory codes in the system. Is there is a way to remove them? And this Z_ChangeStockCode.php also not working. There is error coming end of the process. Please refer the attached file.

Very much appreciated if you can give me a solution regarding this.

Thanks & Best regards,

Nirosh

Attached Files
.php   Z_ChangeStockCode (3).php (Size: 12.45 KB / Downloads: 1)
03-15-2014, 06:30 PM,
RE: Inventory item code
If you have transactions for these items then it won't allow you to delete them. You can change them to discontinued so that they do not appear in most reports.

Tim
03-16-2014, 05:01 AM,
(03-15-2014, 06:30 PM)weberp Wrote: If you have transactions for these items then it won't allow you to delete them. You can change them to discontinued so that they do not appear in most reports.

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reply. Could you please tell me how to change them to discontinued. And as I mentioned Z_ChangeStockCode.php also giving errors. File already attached.

So grateful if you could sort of this for me.

Thanks,

Nirosh
03-16-2014, 05:39 AM,
Hi Nirosh, To set an item to discontinued (or obsolete) you do it by going to select an item from the inventory menu, find the part, and select "Modify Item Details". You will see an option for Current or Obsolete. Choose obsolete. What errors were you getting with Z_ChangeStockCode.php?

Thanks
Tim
03-22-2014, 03:43 PM,
(03-16-2014, 05:39 AM)weberp Wrote: Hi Nirosh, To set an item to discontinued (or obsolete) you do it by going to select an item from the inventory menu, find the part, and select "Modify Item Details". You will see an option for Current or Obsolete. Choose obsolete. What errors were you getting with Z_ChangeStockCode.php?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry for my late reply. This is the error that I'm getting with Z_ChangeStockCode.php.
------------------------------------------------
Adding the new stock master record ... completed
Changing stock location records ... completed
Changing stock movement records ... completed
Changing location transfer information ... completed
Changing MRP demands information ... completed
Changing MRP planned orders information
Database Error : The SQL to update the mrpplannedorders records failed
Table 'kthlerpc_jci.mrpplannedorders' doesn't exist
Database SQL Failure : The SQL statement that failed was
UPDATE mrpplannedorders SET part='235/75X15/NK/FT7/OWL' WHERE part='235/75X15/NK/WL/LP '
--------------------------------------------------

And as you instructed I discontinued several Stock ids selecting "Obsolete" under modified Item details. But still appearing in the reports. Ex.List Inventory Status by location / category.
Herewith I attached the relevant php file.

Please instruct me how to sort of these issues.

Thanks,

nirosh

Attached Files
.php   StockLocStatus (1).php (Size: 10.59 KB / Downloads: 2)
03-22-2014, 04:42 PM,
Hi, Nirosh,

The errors appeared due to you have not run the MRP. So there is no mrpplannedorders table. You can run MRP calculation in Manufacturing=>Mainaintenance (MRP Calculation).

Then you can change the code if there is no transaction for them.

For obsolete parts, there is no filter for them in List Inventory Status by Location/Categories. So this trick does not work.

Best regards!

Exson
03-22-2014, 07:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2014, 07:55 PM by Uhuru.)
Hi nirosh,

I attach a copy of Z_ChangeStockCode.php which fixes that bug.

To remove discontinued from the StockLocStatus.php report simply add the following to the sql at line 138 and line 158

AND stockmaster.discontinued=0

I am thinking we should exclude discontinued stock in all inventory reports, with an option to include. Thoughts?

Thanks
Tim

Attached Files
.php   Z_ChangeStockCode.php (Size: 8.03 KB / Downloads: 3)
03-24-2014, 01:58 PM,
(03-22-2014, 07:53 PM)Uhuru Wrote: Hi nirosh,

I attach a copy of Z_ChangeStockCode.php which fixes that bug.

To remove discontinued from the StockLocStatus.php report simply add the following to the sql at line 138 and line 158

AND stockmaster.discontinued=0

I am thinking we should exclude discontinued stock in all inventory reports, with an option to include. Thoughts?

Thanks
Tim

Hi Tim,

First of all I would like to thank you for giving me a solution by fixing the bug though I still didn't check with it. I'll update you with the outcome.

And I am totally agree with you for excluding discontinued stocks in all inventory reports through an option. For an instance we maintain large inventory and there are many items which we no longer needed. And some users have erroneously created duplicated stock-ids for same item which we're unable to remove. It's true that history of any item very useful but there should be a way to remove them at least from the reports. Otherwise it's very confusing to select a current item. For a example we use price list for the current items whether stocks available or not. But its a long list with discontinued stocks since there's no way to remove them. Therefore its great to have a option to remove them from reports.

And I want to say that WebERP is a great application. Though still we are using bit older version but we are happy with it. And the tremendous help getting from this forum to improve it very valuable.

Thanks again,

Nirosh