Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing Stock ID's in the Stockmaster
03-11-2014, 10:21 AM,
Changing Stock ID's in the Stockmaster
Hi,

I need to change all the stock id's in our data base. I've been given the job to clean the database up because past users have entered the ID's wrong.

Now we 7000+ lines to change so I'm doing it in stages. Today our I.T guys tried to import the adjusted stockmaster list back into WEBERP but it didn't work.

They said that in order to change the stock id's we have to change it in three different place in three different tables,one of them is the sales table which has every transaction in it and to try and change that table would be impossible.

So my question is..... Is there any other way change the stock id's that anyone knows of?

It looks like if there is no other way we'll have to either start fresh on a second data base without any sales history or go to a new software program and import everything.
03-11-2014, 10:23 AM,
RE: Changing Stock ID's in the Stockmaster
Yes there is a script that does it
Z_ChangeStockCode.php
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-11-2014, 10:49 AM,
(03-11-2014, 10:23 AM)phil Wrote: Yes there is a script that does it
Z_ChangeStockCode.php

OK cool can you explain a bit more how it works please? Can I just suggests this to our I.T guy and He'll know what to do with it?

03-11-2014, 05:37 PM,
It is an option under the Utilities menu called "Change An Inventory Item Code". It just asks for the old code and the new code, and does all the renaming for you.

Tim
03-12-2014, 06:01 AM,
(03-11-2014, 05:37 PM)Forums Wrote: It is an option under the Utilities menu called "Change An Inventory Item Code". It just asks for the old code and the new code, and does all the renaming for you.

Tim
Hi Tim,

I can't seem to find a "Utilities" menu, the only mention of the script is in Page Security levels
03-12-2014, 06:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 06:11 AM by Forums1.)
If you go to User Settings, you will probably find the Utilities module is unselected. Either that or you have an old version of webERP

Tim
Should have said "User Maintenance" not User settings, so to be clear it's Setup->User Maintenance :-)