Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potential footer change question
03-02-2014, 08:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-02-2014, 08:55 AM by TurboPT.)
Potential footer change question
The question concerns swapping two divs in the footer before commit.
More info, below.

I have a minor footer change that would swap the date/time and version div positions. This would have a trivial impact to most themes, EXCEPT for Gel & Silverwolf as the styles are handled differently for these two.

Swapping those divs will simplify some CSS specifically for the Gel & Silverwolf themes, but for all other themes, the two divs will simply have vertically swapped position [date/time above the version] where they already appear at the footer's far left side.

So, would this swap be ok to commit?

If desired, I could attach a patch here if anyone would like to preview before commit.
03-02-2014, 06:36 PM,
RE: Potential footer change question
Hi Paul,
As long as all themes that would be damaged are fixed so something sensible results - then please go for it.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
03-03-2014, 09:24 AM,
(03-02-2014, 06:36 PM)phil Wrote: Hi Paul,
As long as all themes that would be damaged are fixed so something sensible results - then please go for it.
Done. I'm not sure about the "damaged" reference, but hopefully the committed results are an improvement.
[the change also corrected the date/time div that was hidden (out of view) for the gel theme]

If there's some other tweak[s] to be done in that area, let me know!
03-03-2014, 11:27 AM,
Well by "damaged" I just meant that if the display of those other themes were adversely affected by the change - then the necessary changes to those themes should also be looked at. Sounds like that was a non-issue in any event.
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz