Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
create manufacturing subforum
02-19-2014, 05:38 PM,
create manufacturing subforum
I would appreciate if there were a manufacturing subforum.

For me, there would be multiple advantages:

1) show more openly that manufacturing is included in weberp
2) bring the users together who use manufacturing - it would also be a good forum for improvement proposals
3) it would be much easier to find all posts related to manufacturing, see what others do, what works, what workarounds there are, etc. That is not easy to do currently.

But a major advantage would also be to bring the users of MRP together. That would make discussion of features much easier. I am not sure how many (how few) actually use MRP, because there are some peculiarities and bugs (see today's post on phantom BOMs).
These posts, workarounds and solutions should be collected in a single place, i.e. a manufacturing related subforum.

what do you think?

Klaus
02-20-2014, 01:07 AM,
RE: create manufacturing subforum
Klaus,
I am open to any idea that allows people with similar needs and issues to connect and make WebERP better.
The main advantage I see is for new people. They can read through 1 forum related to the topic of their choice and not have to guess what words people used in the Search field.
02-21-2014, 09:54 AM,
I think the "bug" with phantom items was Andrew's note which turned out to be the incorrect location - NOT a bug!
Phil Daintree
webERP Admin
Logic Works Ltd
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
02-21-2014, 11:32 PM,
Regardless if it was a bug or an incorrect location it is helpful for others not to repeat my bad history.